Quarterly settlement - need some information

Hello Folks…good evening.

I need some help on alternatives to Quarterly settlement. I understand it is regulation and I ‘Do Not’ want to avoid it.

I am just looking at options for parking amount overnight which will trigger quarterly settlement clock. some friends suggested Zerodha have ‘Zero sum’ mutual funds which clients can buy. I am looking for these options and unfortunately I couldn’t get much information or they are not latest. If someone points me to the relevant latest information, that would be great.

Thanks in advance.

if you look on fund withdraw page on console there is option to invest in overnight fund maybe you can also invest in liquidbees or same type of other liquid etfs, on coin as well you will find many options to invest in overnight and liquid fund.

maybe @ShubhS9 can help more with this.

1 Like

Don’t think you should look at ways to avoid quarterly settlement, it does cause some inconvenience for traders but this rule was brought by SEBI to safeguard interests of retail traders/investors.

If you want to invest in Liquid or Overnight funds then I’d suggest you read the following post to know more about these Mutual Fund’s. Everything you need to know about Liquidbees and Liquid Exchange Traded Funds (ETFs)

For in dept information, you can read the Debt Fund chapters in this module on Varsity.

yes its rule by RBI and not every rule solves the real problems. Even with this rules, we still see numerous issues for investors/traders. No rule is perfect. I was not trying to avoid, i was looking for ways to by-pass this rule, so that i don’t have to do transfers again and again. May be they should tweak this rule to ‘Ask for consent’ near 90 days, to continue having funds in account rather that sending back to the bank by default.

anyway, i am reading more and more on it and thanks for your post. will go through it.