Query on Currency derivatives trading post 04 April 2024 in view of RBI circular dated 05 Jan 2024

To me, it seems like all brokers basically forgot about the RBI circular from January 5, 2024.
Now when NSE reminded them on 1st April regarding it, they all woke up.
Really pathetic…

Exactly what I am thinking

And now they want us to sign that its nothing their fault.

1 Like

Does this mean that we are now left to the mercy of market makers and a mass murder of retail CDS traders?

without speculators there will be no liquidity in these contracts which was already very low. RIP currency trading

Yes exactly. Only Zerodha has spoken about this but that too without clarity. Other brokers have not even brought this up until today.

1 Like

Just to confirm, it is applicable on Futures contracts as well?

Because I see Future contracts are not inflated but options are rocketing?

And I wonder how this last date of 5th April was fixed?

Any simple logic will mean that the date should have coincided with the Expiry date of respective contracts

2 Likes

Im not sure but since its a blanket statement saying currency segment im assuming its applicable to both futures and options.

1 Like

If India has to take pride in offering a free and orderly functioning Capitla market- this situation is exactly opposite of that!!

lol … They took the Taxes on my last year profits and clapped losses now

Samjhna kya hai isme

1 Like

Yeah,
And remember recently IMF had blamed RBI of overmanaging INR movement and volatility
Somehow that also seems to have pressured them to show to the world that our currency markets also have volatility

1 Like

In one way they are giving clarity and in another way they are playing safe…

Nobody want to take the fall for their mistakes/

1 Like

Ha ah … Thats why it took so long to prepare the doc … They might block my forum account for saying that.

1 Like

In futures, both buyers and sellers have same risk reward. In options, buyers have very low risk. So they can ignore this saga and tell themselves, let the exchanges sq off my positions since losses will be so low. Sellers have immense risk.

Thats why, in futures both buyers and sellers panic making underlying non volatile.
In options only sellers panic and run to sq off positions and hence prices skyrocket

1 Like

zerodha provide a tool to get underlieng exposer.

Undertaking Derivative contracts is under list of permissible captial account transactions under FEMA.

Please clarify open exsisting positions (Expiring in May’24) can be counted under “Contracted Expousre”

2 Likes

Futures just follow spot and the volumes are huge in futures as in to create any imbalances and there is no time value risk unlike options.

Aage bhi ku6 bta do bhai?