Quitting share market

Good decision!

We should do something tangible with our life, create real businesses, learn other skills, employ people, build wealth! Live a life rich in human interaction instead of trying to make a living out of the vicissitudes of the market. The owner of Zerodha too said in an interview how trading didn’t work for him so he became a broker and built this beautiful cash generating business. I love Zerodha and what it has done for the community of traders, but for me too it may be time to move on.

2 Likes

Hi, I am a sr citizen. I put here my own opinion. Charts, candles, waves, etc are all lagging indicators. Some experts decided the strategies like…if so…then so ! Everything is assuming like astrology.
I use my own calculated simple ideas & found it is worth than the analysts. You can also study by tracking historical data & can create your own simple ideas. You may use %. If so much % up/down…then…! In my view Open Interest (20%+) is best indicator.

1 Like

You are talking like making a successful business is a cakewalk, if you are not successful in identifying a successful business in the market then you cannot create a successful business.

2 Likes

Of course it is a very tough thing to achieve, which is what makes it rewarding. The point is to move away from trading and do something tangible with your life.

1 Like

“Stocks Markets are a systematic way of transferring money from the impatient to the patient”

To be successful in stock market you need to be a long term investor and not a trader, there are successful traders but there are many factors which may affect the outcome of the trade.

To grow your money what other options you have in front of you?

1. Invest in real-estate: Buying a property is great … but when you decide to sell the property you will find it hard to sell the property unless the property is in prime location. There is lack of transparency in the pricing too.
  2. Invest in Bank FD: A bank FD will provide you risk free return, but if you consider inflation into the picture, your money will actually lose value over time.

Try investing in Index ETF with a long term horizon, periodically book profits and move the profits to debt fund and build a corpus.

Generating wealth is an Art which should be mastered with patience.

Happy Investing!

@sanat14 @sabyasachi_sadhu people cover it with charts and maths like bollinger band, rsi indicator, macd, divergence,trend reversal, volume, open interest, breakout, breakdown, price action etc etc etc

But end of the day this is purely gambling den. Economists and traders and TV stock editors wont agree with this but this is all pure price manipulation.

You are right ,trading is by any means not a barometer for other businesses.

1 Like

@ksksat You can try SIP in equity mutual funds. Your second and third line i do agree but not the first line.
Explore a bit and then proceed.

with best wishes