Random orders getting placed in finvasia shoonya

I had used Dhan for a year! Shitty order execution for scalpers and quite a lot basic core level glitches! Maybe @t7support uses it for the benefit of selling extremely far OTM.

I see @Jason_Castelino is also using Dhan recently and suffering from inexperienced customer support who don’t know their product themselves!

I have tried 15 or more brokers and I finally settled with Zerodha for my scalps as well as investments! Kite looks minimal but has crazy level of optimisations in the backend!

3 Likes

I think @t7support is primarily an option buyer. As far as i have read he rides trends and makes loads of money.

1 Like

Agree. I too find it slower than zerodha.

Agree. Had few issues. But once I escalated it to a higher level, I got good response. And now any issue I raise, it goes directly to higher level and they sort is off fast.
Support staff is totally useless. Now I do not know who is more useless. Zerodha customer support or Dhan.
Community mods are good in both.

Then why did I start moving my funds to Dhan?
I maintain around 20 percent of my account value in cash to meet M2M losses. In Dhan I don’t have to do that. I can buy liquidbees and then pledge them. Unpledge it instantly there.
In last 3 years I have used cash to meet M2M loss only on 2 occasions. So there is huge opportunity cost for my idle funds in zerodha. Just the amount I lose in this form I can take atleast couple of 15 day trip to US.
If zerodha comes up with instant unpledge option for liquidbees I may even switch back considering other factors. Gotta evaluate both of them then.

2 Likes

AS they said in latest communication that they will squre off all position which is above the actual margin…so no worries i guess

I suffered today , my account balance was just Rs 2500 , and suddenly out of the blue , terminal started showing that I Sold a call option ! that too, 2 lots ! How come one can sell two call options with just RS 2500 ? In addition there is one more buy order which I never initiated.

Surprise here is that Ghost Sell transaction for 41600 CE was executed at a price of Rs 27.65 , 10:32 AM , while throughout the day 41600 CE never went below 70 , then how come 41600 sold for 27.65?

I tried cancelling / existing but nothing worked. Customer support was out or order, no chat , no phone service available till evening 4:00 PM

Today at the end of the trading session, both positions are showing open with a loss of Rs 14800 !

In the mean time I tried their chat but it was closed since morning , no phone calls either as calls are getting disconnected automatically .

Around 4:00 Chart was available and waiting period is more than 2 hours !

I can understand it could be a tech glitch but in that case FInvasia should cancel all that and restore our account balance.

On Twitter there are hundreds of messages today , everybody complaining about those Ghost transactions

I request forum members to help me reach SEBI for this event ,

1 Like

I am primarily an option buyer. I fire intraday orders on Nifty, Bank Nifty & FinNifty ITM options everyday (25 lots each) executed via tradingview webhook on Dhan platform. It has been super smooth since I started these except for

• a recent occasion where an intraday order was not fired. This could be an issue with TV alert server or Dhan webhook server. Not sure.

I also fire positional orders (now nearly a year) - entry, profit booking etc on Nifty again via tv webhook to Dhan. This also goes butter smooth except

• few instances where I was trying vertical spreads. Dhan had brought out hedge break alerts in their RMS which prevents the hedge leg from being exited first if there is an open short leg against it. Even when I was firing the order in the proper sequence it was failing sometimes. This was reported to Dhan and hence been taken care of.

Just to give you an idea of the speed here (tv to dhan to exchange and back) are few snapshots taken at 3:15 when there is probability of more bandwidth congestion. There is only 1 sec delay and this includes the time for the request to go from tradingview server to Dhan server and from their to the exchange via there RMS.

TV alert time - 15:06:38 today

Dhan order execution time 15:06:39

I also developed recently option selling strategies and I fire orders from their web app, mobile app, option trader app, direct API etc from watchlist, option chain, strategy builder, my custom server etc and never faced an issue with speed.

Orders also go into MCX from my new commodity trading system with limit orders being placed from mobile or web without ever facing any lag issues.

Having said these I am aware of recent user posts in Dhan with issues related to order placement during instances with volume spikes. Dhan had acknowledged the bandwidth congestion at their end and scaling up is in progress as communicated by their community mods.

Dhan provides chat support and ya the frontend guys recently where not going beyond standard responses. This was escalated and since then there is more pro activity like quick direct calls if chat doesn’t address the issue. Before the advent of discount brokers there were relationship managers and for me atleast they were the go to guys in case of a problem. With discount brokers RMs vanished and now we are relying on chat, email, community support to address our issues. I had spend 5 yrs with the current top broker and while the community mods have been pretty prompt there is nothing to envy about the support backend. Besides they cramped and restricted my freedom to trade which is why I jumped to a broker who listens to the customer.

Bottom line am not seeing any execution speed difference between Dhan and Zerodha. This is my verdict after firing 5287 orders in Dhan platform. Tech will have issues. As long as it is acknowledged and fixed I don’t have an issue. Besides support is better and in product development Dhan follows a bottom up approach and brings out new features fast. So I plan to stick with Dhan only unless and until they screw up bad or until there is someone who is significantly better.

Thanks to Dhan now am able to fire kichdi of strategies in auto mode and achieve better monthly consistency

+

aaj ka on an expiry day where orders went through without any glitches for me (Dhan did have issues today with a line to NSE flipping )

Another thing to note is that the bad in Dhan community about Dhan stays there unlike certain familiar forums where it is flagged, hidden etc :sweat_smile:

What exactly are the issues you are facing ? What do you trade - stocks or fno ?

2 Likes

Loaded in % profit relative to capital but in absolute terms more miles to go.

You know, when discount brokers started, this is what people said for them😂

Even for small problems!

The RM and brick & Mortar appearance made trust!

But nowadays with account opening friction is so low and with major discount broker zerodha made “trust” among people!

Maybe In future, If these zero brokerage may overtake🤷🏻‍♂️

May be it may become sustainable!

Maybe SEBI may loose the regulations quite leniently!

In develeoped markets with loose regulations, zero brokerage is possible

Not finvasia may be some other will overtake!

May be zerodha may transform itself🤷🏻‍♂️ who knows!

But this type of judging is not correct!

Anything is possible🙂

3 Likes

There is so much for me to learn. My head spinning. The way some of you all trade here makes my brain overclock. I am really thankful for those who share so much with us. This forum is a gold mine for amateurs like me if you know where to look.

This is not what a technical glitch looks like. Its scarier !

1 Like

90% of it is automated. 10% is discretionary for mental workout… :sweat_smile: Otherwise my head will also go spinning.

Such events are very unfortunate , but i feel Finvasia should start charging brokerage to built better infra and robust tech team. Random trades and no communication hit most of the folks having sleepless night

1 Like

By reading your comments, I feel you’re an Ultra HNI (People with Net worth of USD 5 million or more).

Nahh. Nowhere close.

1 Like

Oh! Sorry(for other who came to read) this is not related to this topic!

But @t7support can you explain, how you automate it?

Like, do you use any platform for it…like zerodha streak? Or something native?

How you build your strategy?

If possible, can you share some aspects of your strategy :sweat_smile:?

What’s the rate of winning?

Is it possible in real market?

Difference in rate of succes between past & real data?

I am just starting to think about automated trading, so sorry if this is too much to ask🙂

Will be great, if you tell me some books/articles to learn🙌🏻

1 Like

I use pine code to develop and deploy strategies in Tradingview. Once these strategies generate an alert in tradingview, it sends a webhook request with order specifics to Dhan server. Dhan server then places the order at the exchange. This is the automation set up I use mostly.

There is also a custom sell strategy that I run from my custom server automated using Dhan APIs which is free to consume.

For my option buying trend following strategies accuracy is in the 47-60% range. Option selling strategies little bit more. Also note never take accuracy standalone. Always couple it with risk reward and evaluate a strategy. Also beyond metrics of my strategy I can’t disclose the algo logic that drives it. That’s proprietary.

In my live trading , adjusted to transaction cost and slippages live results mimics backtested results. The reason are quite simple.

• The system is well tested over fair number of historical days.
  • I execute the system live with the same kind of discipline the script backtester does.

I have never read any books on trading or automation. But I do dig out relevant content from google search and have spent years around the market, trading it mostly. Basically the skill required is mental ability to frame a trading logic, transform it into an algorithm and then code it in an appropriate programming language.

Books have not created more than 1% successful traders. Neither did books create more than 1-5% great engineers.
So if you are deep diving in to the world of books be prepared for the hard grind until u figure it out. Also be willing to put some money on line for live trading. This is just like swimming. No one can learn to swim from books alone. He has to jump in the pool and build some muscle memory with practice. So books alone are not going to suffice. Live trading is a must to learn and learn well.

1 Like

Ok guys. Here is an update on the Finvasia shitstorm!

Contract note is the final word we are told. And several revelations from Contract note.

1. Random fake trades were pushed to unsuspecting clients. Those were NOT actual orders executed at exchange.

2. Clients who saw those got alarmed and desperately tried to square off the fake trades.

3. Most of such sq off attempts in (2) got rejected. But few got accepted. Unfortunately the desperate squareoffs became the only real trades and were carried to expiry eod.

4. People were also stuck unable to squareoff their real trades.

Result is many have real losses, some have profits. Finvasia has assured that they will reach a “mutually amicable” solution to those affected.

3 Likes

One more update:

Thanks for sharing this valuable info🙂!

By the way 47-60% is good enough?
I thought 80% would make a good algo!

What percentage would you consider bad?

Can you share how much capital you put for this?
And how much capital it takes for a single trade?

Perhaps, if capital is sensitive, share in accordance with percentage!

And General slippage percentage, according to your capital (say it for thousands or lakhs in capital[approx also good])!

Maximum loss & max profit & average capital, you incurred in percentage regarding the whole capital?

Sorry, If this too much😅

Do you think newbie like me,can profit of doing this! (Note : I am new to sharemarket)?

And, will your algo, be in work, all working days & working time of exchanges?

You can share , If you are ok with it :slightly_smiling_face: :raised_hands:t2:

Thanks in advance!

Lets take this over DM or on a separate thread so that we stay relevant to the thread topic.