RE: Changes in margin requirements from 1st Sep, 2020

Hi,
According to new rules can I buy option from the premium I get from selling option on same day (T day).

And can I use my profit that I got from selling holdings to buy other stocks on the same day (T day).

Yes, you can use your entire proceeds recieved from sale of holdings to buy other stocks.

You can read this post, everything has been explained in detail there.

Options sold Can use proceeds to buy stocks and trade in either currency or equity F&O on the same day Can use proceeds only to buy options in the same segment i.e. option sell credit for stock options cannot be used to buy currency options.

Here it is written Can use proceeds to buy stocks and trade in either currency or equity F&O on the same day.

but in one of your post on Zerodha it is written that you cannot buy option from the premium you received from option selling on T day , but you can do it on T+1 day.

So that is why I was asking that is this rule is changed now , I mean can I buy option from the premium I get from selling option on T day

There have been changes since then.

You can use the proceeds only to buy options in the same segment i.e. option sell credit for stock options cannot be used to buy currency options.

1 Like