Regular to Direct Plan Switch

I have been doing an SIP of 15000 in Regular plans via FundsIndia for almost a year now.
I now wish to stop investing in the regular plan and start investing in direct plan via Coin, but in the same fund.

I don’t really want to redeem the regular funds that I have, as I will be subjected to the Capital gain tax and exit load requirements. Hence I plan to just hold on to the regular plan funds for another year.

My question is if I stop the Regular Fund SIPs now and start the Direct Fund SIPs for the same fund, will I get a different folio number, or will they be added to the same Foilio?

Any other suggestions, considering my situation? Any sort of help is highly appreciated.

If you have stopped investing in ABC scheme - regular plan in Funds India and then have started investing in the direct plan of the same scheme through COIN, the folio number would be different. The viable solution would be to hold your investments in FUNDSINDIA and then redeem the units after the exit load period has been completed. In the meanwhile, you can simultaneously start investing in direct plans through COIN.

1 Like