Reliance Rights Issue & Dematerialized Rights Entitlement Trading

sir ,
i have taken reliance right issue at 235 avg price having 260 shares but forget to apply & sell at 29th may 2020.so today 15th june how can i get my money back to my zerodha account.

You won’t get refund. It’s already explained above.

I have bought RIL-RE 15 nos @ 210 on 29th May as to initiate the right issue through Zerodha platform, I also completed payment process @ 314 /- on last date of closing directly to RIL against intimation mail received from RIL for 15+2 =17 nos ( As 2 were allotted against eligibility on record date) . That 17 RIL PP were credited in my Zerodha account, but what about that 15 shares? (RIL RE) that I bought on 29th ?, they are still not credited in account , all this is confusion please clarify

Right Entitlements (REs) are temporary demat securities that represent your eligibility to apply for the rights issue. The Reliance REs were traded between May 20th and 29th and were subsequently removed from your account by the RTA. The REs would have been credited to your demat account on June 2nd and would have been visible in your demat holdings and Console. However, it would not have been visible on Kite since the REs had stopped trading by the time you received them on T+2.

You were allotted the 17 RIL PP shares against the REs you had in your account.

But for 17 shares I have paid @314 though netbanking as per their procedure and same I have received on listing today. But what about amount debited thru kite @210. will it be credited back?

@mohitmehra thanks for this explanation! :slight_smile:

There is no room for silly mistakes in this process. You purchased the RE with the specific intention of participating in the rights offer. If you don’t do so, the money is lost.

No. Since you were only eligible for 2 shares, that was the premium you paid to buy extra 15 RIL-RE’s, which was used to apply for 15 extra Partly Paid shares.

How did you apply to the rights issue? Through the registrar and transfer agent (RTA) which is KFin Tech (formerly known as Karvy)'s web-based platform (R-WAP) or through the Application Supported by Blocked Amount (“ASBA”) facility on Zerodha or another platform?

Does anyone know why ReliancePP is only showing day to day price in charting?

No such issues, prices are showing on Intraday timeframes as well.

Intraday yes, but I was asking why is yesterday’s pricing data not showing in the chart. I have attached the screenshot.

Reliance PP was listed on exchange yesterday so it’ll show data from that day only.

2 Likes

Means extra shares costing for me is 210+314.25
Is it usual for everyone or any mistake committed by me?

It is same for everyone who bought RIL-RE shares to apply for the issue.

I purchased RE 400 shares @ 211 than through the process I again invested 400@314= 125600 something but now in my demat account it is only showing the amount I invested @ 314 that is. 125600
Please explain this.
Secondly, also tell can we sell this now ?

Explained above by @mohitmehra.

Yes, you can sell those shares.

Please see my post of June 15. Yes, your purchase price of 1 Reliance Industries Ltd. partly paid share, i.e. (25% of paid-up value) is 514.25.

Really you are great. I got all my queries answered from you.

1 Like

Dear @mohitmehra and other community members,
I am a new investor and purchased around 350 RIL-RE-BE s from my Zerodha account in last week of May.
Now those shares have disappeared from my holdings so started googling more about it. I found that was a rights issue and I had to apply for additional shares in June to complete my purchase.
I would have done that but missed it deadline because I had no idea about the process.

So, can you please advise what options I have now. Can I still purchase those shares and how?
If not how can I get the amount paid back.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Deepak