Reliance Rights Issue & Dematerialized Rights Entitlement Trading

@mohitmehra can i sell my right issue to a particular indiviual or i have to bid at the platform.
if i have to bid at the platfrom. how is it possible because i dont have a online access of my demat account?

@mohitmehra I received RIL rights notification and trying register for the same demat details, Itā€™s asking Physical Folio Number, Where do I find this?

itā€™s a humble request to the admin : pls post an audio video presentation (live or recorded) with examples ; clarifying all the ambiguities with ease of understating ā€¦

Once the issue opens on May 20th, you can apply for the rights issue using the below highlighted option:

You need not register demat details unless you have physical shares of Reliance for which you havenā€™t received REs.

1 Like

You will be able to see the RE in your holdings as shown below:

The RTA may enable it only once the issue opens on May 20th. You wonā€™t be able to apply till then.

You can sell your rights through the stock exchange like you sell your shares. This is possible with brokers to whom youā€™ve given an online DIS consent or a POA to allow the REs to be transferred without submitting a physical DIS.

In order to sell the REs to a particular individual, you will have to submit the delivery instruction slip to the depository participant when you donā€™t have online access to your demat account. In the present situation, this might not be possible.

@mohitmehra thanks for patience and for answering all the other questions. I had purchased additional shares on Tuesday May 12, hoping that the shares would be credited by T+2 on May 14, the record date.

While I have received communication from the Registrar, these do not include my holdings purchased on May 12. Please help!

This is in console.Its not showing in kite holdings.

Kite shows an instrument only if its trading. Since trading in this ISIN hasnā€™t begun yet, it wonā€™t show up on Kite.

1 Like

What is the tax treatment in case of sale of REs?

Is the entire amount a STCG?

@Quicko could you help?

@mohitmehra Please help. I did check and I can find the RE in my holdings, but the number of RE is less than what it should be. I have not been granted RE for my RIL shares bought on Tuesday, May 12.

Could you DM your client ID, the number of shares you hold, and the REs youā€™ve received?

@mohitmehra Thanks for your help. I have one more query. Now I understand that I can sell my REs in market for nil-price that is difference between market & issue price. So if thatā€™s say 175 then is the buyer going to buy at that cost? If yes does he need to separately apply to Reliance to further pay the rest and convert nil-paid to fully paid?
This topic is completely new to me and your help will give me better functional knowledge. Thanks.

You can sell the REs at a price someoneā€™s willing to pay for it.

Market forces will determine the price at which the REs will trade. The closing price of Reliance today is 1408, the issue is at 1257, the difference being 151. The buyer could be willing to pay 125 to buy this right or even 130. As I said earlier, the supply and demand will decide the price at which the RE will trade.

Yes, the buyer of the RE then gets the right to buy shares of Reliance at the issue cost by paying on the link given above. Think of it as a ā€˜coupon codeā€™, the buyer is buying the coupon code from you and applying it towards the purchase of a product.

Thanks @ VenuMadhav. I suppose then there might be less buyers for REs because thereā€™s hardly any difference between buying at market value and issue price. E.g. a buyer may buy from me for say 130 and then again pay full 1257/share to reliance = same as current market price almost.
I though buyer would buy from RE holders for say 130 and then pay difference 1257 - 130 to reliance!

My shares were pledged with zerodha as on record date. Still my rights are not credited in demat

Hi Kartik, the REs will be credited to your account by EOD today. You can apply from the RTAs website at any time.

Hi,
I have paid and availed the right to issue . Any idea by when it can reflect in my Zerodha holding