Revision in expiry day and discontinuation of weekly futures contracts of Nifty Midcap Select Index (MIDCPNIFTY)

NSE has announced the following revisions to derivative contracts of MIDCPNIFTY (Nifty MidCap Select Index).

• Revision in expiry day from Tuesday to Wednesday from April 25, 2023 end of the day.

• Discontinuation of trading in Weekly Index Futures contracts of MIDCPNIFTY. There will be no new Weekly Index Futures contracts introduced after April 25, 2023 expiry, contracts issued until then will be available for trading.

• Weekly Index Options of MIDCPNIFTY will continue to be available for trading.

Change in expiry day of derivative contracts on MIDCPNIFTY:

Expiry Day Current Expiry Revised Expiry Day
Weekly Contracts Tuesday of every week All existing weekly contracts will expire on Wednesday of every week. If Wednesday is a trading holiday, contracts will expire on the previous trading day.
Monthly Contracts Last Tuesday of the expiry month All monthly expiry contracts will expire on the last Wednesday of each month. If Wednesday is a trading holiday, contracts will expire on the previous trading day.

How does this work?

At end of the day on April 25, 2023, the expiry date of all existing contracts will be revised to Wednesday as mentioned above.

For example, the existing F&O contract expiring on May 2, 2023 (Tuesday) will be revised to May 3, 2023 (Wednesday)

All the contracts introduced for trading on or after April 25, 2023, will be created as per the new expiry day.

Does this affect my open positions?

No, this does not have any effect on the open positions you hold. The change is only in the expiry day of the contract. All other contract specifications remain the same.

The above changes come into effect from April 25, 2023 (end of the day), and revised contracts will be available for trading from April 26, 2023. You can check the announcement from the exchange here.

4 Likes

Chalo guys lets bring LIQUIDITY

1 Like

Next bring bank nifty expiry to Monday. :hugs::hugs:

1 Like

Now its high time for IT NIFTY to pick up and expiry imon FRIDAY:D

Friday we have USDINR :stuck_out_tongue:

Nah. I don’t trade in currency. Let it be IT INDEX. :joy::joy:

Its actually good , try it . Charges are the lowest( freeze quantity 10000 lots , so 1 order is enough even transaction charges and other charges are lowest) and Leverage is highest. Same margin can be used as equity( no separate margin maintains). Just Strikes are are little far but manageable.

IT Index has huge gaps , so it will be good for intraday players, Monday IT if they are not moving Bank nifty.

I will start reading about it. And if I have doubts I will ask you only. :grimacing:

Right now it’s not even traded right? Or I didn’t know about it? :flushed:

Yeah, they removed Nifty IT .had to reintroduced it again.

I will ask Nirmala Sitharaman to make IT NIFTY available for you

Cool. In return I will make sure Amit Shah gives you a seat to contest in the next year elections. :metal:t2:

1 Like

Jason Negotiatorino :grin:

Are these getting traded now?

I still see the option chain with all zeros