Revision in Quantity Freeze Limits of NIFTY Futures and Options

NSE in its latest circular has revised the quantity freeze limits for NIFTY futures and options contracts with effect from September 1, 2022. You can check the announcement from the exchange here.

Here are the latest quantity freeze limits for all the index derivatives:

INDEX SYMBOL OLD QTY FREEZE LIMIT OLD FREEZE QTY IN LOTS NEW QTY FREEZE LIMIT NEW FREEZE QTY IN LOTS
NIFTY 2800 56 1800 36
BANKNIFTY 1200 48 1200 48
FINNIFTY 1800 45 1800 45
MIDCPNIFTY 5500 73 5500 73
3 Likes

Ohh no, not again! My brokerage cost will increase again . I think this should change to higher value 1800 is very less.

1 Like

so good news for brokers…

Yes, people who trade higher quantities will unnecessary have to pay almost double brokerage.

My brokerage cost will now be 1.5times. :smiling_face_with_tear::smiling_face_with_tear::smiling_face_with_tear:

Jab brokerage trouble kare, tab Finvasia ko yaad karo :sweat_smile:

I actually did when I was sending my previous reply. :grimacing::grimacing:

Wish nifty had stayed below 17500 for one more day. At least for one month I could save some brokerage.

At Zerodha heardquarters
celeb

3 Likes

I compared Finvasia also had account but there are few things which Zerodha has really has edge for my use case and because of that i can’t leave it .

1. No extra Margin haircut on mutual funds ( i get 93% margin on my ETFs and Mutual funds = what NSE prescribes).
  2. Integrated with Sensibull.
  3. Iceberg order.
  4. Reliable API.
  5. Sticky order window and kite chart which is very lite.
  6. Easy and transparent pledging and unpledging without POA

Above features really gives me extra edge and peace.

Also , I know there is no free lunch in the world . You get some freebies you loose something in free market.

1 Like
  • +GST on the brokerage :stuck_out_tongue: .
1 Like

Finvasia API is pretty reliable. Also API is free unlike Rs.4000 per month with zerodha.

Finvasia has both ChartIQ and Tradingview like Kite.

Rest of the things u mentioned zerodha has edge over Finvasia currently.

1 Like

Finvasia Web interface isn’t on par with zerodha. I have to try out their desktop app before deciding to switch

1 Like

What is the issue you are finding relative to Kite ?

Off course its the ease of use and simplicity in design of Kite. Even I don’t prefer Finvasia’s web interface and use just Shoonya App only.

It is worse than Web interface.

I feel that shoonya is a poorly executed version of kite. If they provide reputed desktop clients like nest I’ll definitely switch to finvasia.

Shoonya desktop is same as nest terminal and you can executed more than freeze limit the order get auto split in shoonya desktop, i am using it for 6 months its never hanged

2 Likes

Thanks. Just checked it out. Looks like I can finally move out of Zerodha. How trust worthy is Finvasia? Do they have hidden charges like other shady brokers or they are truely 0 brokerage?

1 Like

Finvasia is trust worthy. Finvasia pricing is very transparent.

1 Like

Finvasia got more technical issues compared to Zerodha.