"RMS:Rule: Check circuit limit including square off order exceeds for entity account-**** across exchange across segment across product"

I am getting the following error message when trying to sell some stock “RMS:Rule: Check circuit limit including square off order exceeds for entity account-**** across exchange across segment across product”. What can be the issue and solution?

Thanks in advance

2 Likes

one of the probable causes could be that your order price could be out of circuit limits for the scrip for the day.

how to find upper and lower circuit limit? :  just open snapquote window and at the right most corner it would be mentioned.

if this isn't the case, please make sure you have enough margin available for the trade.

all the best.

2 Likes

loke4300 explained it very well.

Open trade.zerodha.com (Web version) and then click Z5.

When Z5 application opens, choose your scrip name in Market watch and right click it, you will get a pop up menu, in that choose “Scrip Info”

A dialog box will appear with scrip related information. Skim through the details and find the following

Lower Circuit Limit

Higher Circuit Limit

Your trigger price, limit price etc what you use for placing orders should fall with in this range of Lower and Higher circuit limit, If it is out of range, you will get that error.

This limit is based on 2%, 5%, 10% of previous days closing price. This detail gets revised every day if at all NSE thinks there need to a revision. There are a set of scrips which has no such limit (no circuit limits). Othern than these, remaing all scrips would be a 20% circuit limit stocks.

In case of indices like SENSEX and NIFTY, if price value reaches this circuit limit, trading halt will be declared and open auction will be conducted by NSE.

Hi Thanks for the Response. Please let me know where will be Snap Quote… I am new to Zerodha

Hi, press F6 or double clicl on the scrip you want, snap quote will display the details. You can also add the upper circuit & lower circuit in market watch, right click on the trading symbol & select reposition column find the same & add it in market watch.

Hi…I am new to Zerodha. Please let me know where I can find the snap quote in mobile application.

Dear AastroGuru,
Can you guide how to see “Lower Circuit Limit” and “Higher Circuit Limit” on Kite Web Application of Zerodha? Is it visible only during trading hours? Can I execute advance limit order of any entity (1 day advance)?
Thanks in advance.