Sebi plans to cap our margin on our net worth

i think SEBI has nothing to with the losses of any individual.
it’s traders responsibility to risk their money in trading equity or derivative.
if one is losing money in trading its his personal matter, no one should restrict him loose money.

I think SEBI is not interested in stopping people making loss but it is stopping people making profits from trading.

4 Likes

Exactly! SEBI is scared and thinks our economy might crash like the western markets if more and more start to enter the markets. Some conservativeness is also necessary but it is a disgraceful idea that one would enter on the basis of his or her financial worth instead of own merit.

2 Likes

Does SEBI say to listed company that you are listed company and you are not allowed to show losses on your balancesheets?? Does SEBI force any listed company to pay divideds to the shareholders evenif the company reports loss??

1 Like

Certification is a good idea

But you know bypassing these agencies will happen naturally at one time …when their strict regulations will cross all boundaries … because for the last so many years they have not been able to curb some of the wrong practices … have not been able to develop the market in a balanced way … they are still more focussed on helping rich grow richer and placing restrictions on smaller traders even to trade with their own money in the garb of protecting them … hell bent on making another failed market
images

The above picture can explain what needs to be done … hope sebi understands that everyone has a desire to earn well like others and shutting doors in the garb of rules is not what people will take lying down
We are not living in a pre-independence era … everyone today has access to information and can freely approach justice

6 Likes

@Vandana1 Every country will have one regulator as mandated in the constitution. If you think this body of law is doing wrong, you can go to courts and get reprieve etc etc …All this is ok but think about what can be done now. Practicality !
Forming a union and stopping trading is achievable. And that will teach the overlords a lesson easily. Discuss such things.

2 Likes

Where man ?? Where do you find green pastures other than normal equity segment. F/O is too risky with those damn huge lots. Forex is not allowed … Bitcoin is illegal… investing requires a huge corpus… real estate don’t even talk about it… Bonds are junks… lol so the only pasture that is green is normal equity segment which have been providing nice service for generations and generations now…

Thats why its damn evil of SEBI to twist and pervert the normal equity segment by not allowing small traders like us… Where are we to go huh ??? Many people of my age have finished college and pursued trading for living as a career… We don’t have any net worth. After 2 - 3 years of learning about the markets about its many details now its time to actually trade for a living and the best starting point is equity with small positions… And now SEBI is saying that it will damage this most nominal and accessible way for us… Who will listen to our plea ??

1 Like

@Vandana1 Very nice work. I’m fully in your support. Like @AkashKB mentioned you should be the leader of this movement here. :smiley:

No kidding for real. Your arguments have the necessary points that will hit right at home. Totally supporting.

1 Like

Thank you

Now SEBI has started doing British giri

I agree that a regulator has to be there but it should make mature and reasonable rules.

You’re right currently our focus must be on how to gather maximum support to resist any such rule in the making so that everyone is not clubbed under one rigid rule …there must be other conditions which people can fulfil to do trading

1 Like

Does anyone have right to know anyone’s personal networth??
If yes why don’t the politicians show their networth??

2 Likes

Another right move from SEBI!!! I believe their motive is to clearly segregate Trading from Investing.

The line between Investing & Trading are getting blurred in India at an alarming rate. Real irony is even though pledging of equity from the Corporate house has become minimal, pledging of equity from Retail Investors for Trading has increased Blatantly.

The Big Boys(Brokers) are keeping quiet! Why the small guys r in protest mode!!! Azzadi milke bahut saal hogaya, Phir bhi bagawat ke mood mein!!! hmmm, well ppl shud understand tht they r in a Democratic system n learn to game it. #BeLikeNirav

Business houses take Letter of Credit from the banking system and move forward. Why don’t the Retail ask for ‘Right to Credit’ as they also consider Trading as Business?

I do not understand wht is thr to fuss about and ppl started beating the bush Directionless like a #Newbie :grin:

Already Banking system is present in India to certify an Individual’s Networth. #NoCA #AskTheRight

2 Likes

I can go to a sabzi mandi and buy 5 kilo aloo. The Trade union of the mandi will not stop me from buying 5 kilo aloo because my monthly salary is Rs. 5000/-.

@SurajM Democracy does not mean enforcement of stupidity. Entropy is a problem and it needs to be dealt with intelligence, trolling in social media does not help.

Please brush your Basics 101. The line between Investing & Trading has always been blurry since the inception of the Markets in Human history dating back to pre-medieval era.

What appears to be a thin blurry line between trading and investing, is technically known as Arbitrage and with leverage one can churn profitability, of course with inbuilt risks and mitigating the risk is the game.

If it is of no concern to you at-least learn to ignore. YOU ARE NOT SMARTER THAN EVERYBODY. People are concerned about their financial agendas, so are voicing out here. If you have any problem, share facts not your opinions.

8 Likes

The fuss is that since recent times SEBI has been making barriers upon barriers to funnel entry in to the stock markets. This is like old times of license raj. But no amount of regulating will help, as it hasn’t so far. SEBI made barriers, people overcame it and it made matters worse for SEBI.

Present rule is not about regulation, it is about creating a division between people. Who can trade and who cannot?

As noted elsewhere in the forums itself, many business people and farmers report their incomes only to some extent for legit reasons. So by creating this rule, they are outright taking away their right to trade/invest in the markets.

And if you are so expert in interpreting whatever SEBI is doing then give the sources from SEBI and reasons for supporting them. Otherwise, In my thought you too are “directionless” in supporting them.

For me it is simple math. People don’t need to be told, what they can or cannot do with their money. Period. Stock market is not some private enterprise that they can decide who gets in who goes out.

It has to be, must be, level playing field for all.

4 Likes

Of course not. SEBI is totally wrong on this at every level. Maybe you can’t see because you are already sunk in riches which is understandable. But Sebi is dead wrong on this from all perspectives. Even from the perspective of a rich person.

Besides just look around do you see any one happy about what sebi is doing, forget about supporting them. Its like some of those fools who was secretly serving the British under the garb of an Indian nationalist. But things are way different now and people have every power and right to speak for themselves and defend their cause. And this move against Sebi’s nonsense rules is a most rightful cause. Just look what Faulty regulations have done to Korea’s derivative market. That market is now dead because of Sebi like regulations.

2 Likes

Lol !

Or may be has lost so much, that the word “trading” is scarier than “investing”.

2 Likes

Yep SEBI took a right move but for FII/FPI and DII…

Real irony is even though pledging of equity from the Corporate house has become minimal, pledging of equity from Retail Investors for Trading has increased Blatantly.

Nop, before the game was only played by the Corporate house now retails, are growing which in any developing market is expected.

Business houses take Letter of Credit from the banking system and move forward. Why don’t the Retail ask for ‘Right to Credit’ as they also consider Trading as Business?

I know a guy who delivers products to small stationery shops from companies, if I am allowed can I consider the guy is conducting a business? Now tell me can he get a letter of credit from a bank

Already Banking system is present in India to certify an Individual’s Networth.

Absolutely not, for example, the bank does not have any information about individuals fixed assets like properties.

BTW this is just a news so I am not that much concerned but I am concerned how SEBI works and helping big peoples like Mehul Choksihttps://www.businesstoday.in/current/world/mea-sebi-gave-all-positive-information-about-mehul-choksi-antigua/story/280949.html

2 Likes

Lol… Yes it’s quite apparent…

2 Likes

Lol… And they just let him pass by stealing billions and billion right from under their nose…

2 Likes

To start an Association, minimum 7 people are required. And it must hold atlesat one AGM every year, until five or more people decide to dissolve it.

3 Likes