Sebi plans to cap our margin on our net worth

Actually retailers are not small in number but are scattered throughout the country … so a common decision or consensus is difficult to take in this regard.
Another idea is to write an online appeal to sebi after circulating it within maximum number of traders and taking their signatures and support online and then sending it to sebi.
These kind of online appeals where more than 50000 signatures are gathered in a few days becomes an important topic and government and concerned agencies have to deal with it.

3 Likes

50000? I don’t know man. That’s a lot. But I will do my best.

1 Like

First thing will be drafting the application
It should contain max info regarding the rule and how it’s going to affect traders negatively

After it is finalised we all can share it within our known friends traders and groups and ask them to sign and further share it among their known persons …this way a chain reaction can take place and many signatures can be gathered

It is called Online Petition

Lots of people circulate such petitions these days on many topics to garner support and attract attention of the concerned authorities
I’ll send you a link of one such online petition …will have to search in my mailbox

Yeah but this rule has not come out yet. So I guess we’ll see what the details are and then take action. But yeah since this is going on. Do you think we can do something about that exposure margin rule? Because currently I have to leave out money so as to avoid penalties but seriously I could have used that money to protect myself against losses.

I’ll have to understand your problem regarding exposure margin first … didn’t get it

Can we talk through WhatsApp or telegram please? It’d be easier. My number is 9560606861. I am not a creep or anything so feel safe.

1 Like

Okay I’ll note your number and can communicate on whatsapp

Meanwhile you can go thru the below link where you can start an online petition. After writing your grievance you can circulate it to people and ask them to circulate further

https://www.change.org/start-a-petition

2 Likes

OK indeed. So I guess I have to start things. Never thought a guy like me would start a revolution. I am nervous really.

4 Likes

Don’t be nervous … and don’t forget to write in it that if sebi is so concerned about small traders then why doesn’t it reduce the sizes of lots that it has been increasing continuously
I remember trading in reliance when lot size was 500 … now they have increased to 1000
How will retailers afford the continuously increasing sizes of lots

Don’t worry … I will share your petition as much as I can and so will other traders who will be affected negatively

2 Likes

Petition is here -

3 Likes

Wow! So quick …worked the whole night indeed!!

I signed and forwarded your petition already
I hope it becomes a success!!
All the best !!

1 Like

Can you help me out by signing this petition?
https://chn.ge/2OwSYQY

Hey everyone …please take some time out to sign this petition and share it with other traders you know and who don’t want sebi to impose draconian rules on retail traders

@AkashKB
@nithin
@siva

Everyone please help

2 Likes

You have 6 supporters already :+1:

You said 50000 is needed. So we are still far. And yes this needs to get reported on the media that traders are protesting against this. That will have impact. But it will get reported only with large support. Hopefully people like nithin can help pass this around because he is an influential figure.

1 Like

Yes I hope big players and brokers and influential people too support it … meanwhile you and your friends can also share the link thru whatsapp and email

1 Like

Thnksss man @Avi_Garg & @Vandana1 for this pettin i signed and forwarded as well
Thank u god bless both of u

1 Like

Please share it as much as possible

Thanks for the Petition! Hope this one gets along…Unfortunately, many such petitions were voiced against STT, physical settlement and other SEBI brainchildren but at end of the day it’s their monkey business.

@nithin we are very eager to hear your say?

Thank you…

2 Likes

SEBI is working on product suitability, so derivatives will be allowed only for people who qualify to.

But it would be ridiculous if equity exposure is limited by income declared, education etc. Derivatives I get it, but if the idea is to limit equity exposure then real estate, gold, (all assets that can go down in value) also has to be limited. The broker forums, exchanges etc will all try to reason it out with SEBI for sure.

9 Likes