Sebi plans to cap our margin on our net worth

Does anyone have right to know anyone’s personal networth??
If yes why don’t the politicians show their networth??

2 Likes

Another right move from SEBI!!! I believe their motive is to clearly segregate Trading from Investing.

The line between Investing & Trading are getting blurred in India at an alarming rate. Real irony is even though pledging of equity from the Corporate house has become minimal, pledging of equity from Retail Investors for Trading has increased Blatantly.

The Big Boys(Brokers) are keeping quiet! Why the small guys r in protest mode!!! Azzadi milke bahut saal hogaya, Phir bhi bagawat ke mood mein!!! hmmm, well ppl shud understand tht they r in a Democratic system n learn to game it. #BeLikeNirav

Business houses take Letter of Credit from the banking system and move forward. Why don’t the Retail ask for ‘Right to Credit’ as they also consider Trading as Business?

I do not understand wht is thr to fuss about and ppl started beating the bush Directionless like a #Newbie :grin:

Already Banking system is present in India to certify an Individual’s Networth. #NoCA #AskTheRight

2 Likes

I can go to a sabzi mandi and buy 5 kilo aloo. The Trade union of the mandi will not stop me from buying 5 kilo aloo because my monthly salary is Rs. 5000/-.

@SurajM Democracy does not mean enforcement of stupidity. Entropy is a problem and it needs to be dealt with intelligence, trolling in social media does not help.

Please brush your Basics 101. The line between Investing & Trading has always been blurry since the inception of the Markets in Human history dating back to pre-medieval era.

What appears to be a thin blurry line between trading and investing, is technically known as Arbitrage and with leverage one can churn profitability, of course with inbuilt risks and mitigating the risk is the game.

If it is of no concern to you at-least learn to ignore. YOU ARE NOT SMARTER THAN EVERYBODY. People are concerned about their financial agendas, so are voicing out here. If you have any problem, share facts not your opinions.

8 Likes

The fuss is that since recent times SEBI has been making barriers upon barriers to funnel entry in to the stock markets. This is like old times of license raj. But no amount of regulating will help, as it hasn’t so far. SEBI made barriers, people overcame it and it made matters worse for SEBI.

Present rule is not about regulation, it is about creating a division between people. Who can trade and who cannot?

As noted elsewhere in the forums itself, many business people and farmers report their incomes only to some extent for legit reasons. So by creating this rule, they are outright taking away their right to trade/invest in the markets.

And if you are so expert in interpreting whatever SEBI is doing then give the sources from SEBI and reasons for supporting them. Otherwise, In my thought you too are “directionless” in supporting them.

For me it is simple math. People don’t need to be told, what they can or cannot do with their money. Period. Stock market is not some private enterprise that they can decide who gets in who goes out.

It has to be, must be, level playing field for all.

4 Likes

Of course not. SEBI is totally wrong on this at every level. Maybe you can’t see because you are already sunk in riches which is understandable. But Sebi is dead wrong on this from all perspectives. Even from the perspective of a rich person.

Besides just look around do you see any one happy about what sebi is doing, forget about supporting them. Its like some of those fools who was secretly serving the British under the garb of an Indian nationalist. But things are way different now and people have every power and right to speak for themselves and defend their cause. And this move against Sebi’s nonsense rules is a most rightful cause. Just look what Faulty regulations have done to Korea’s derivative market. That market is now dead because of Sebi like regulations.

2 Likes

Lol !

Or may be has lost so much, that the word “trading” is scarier than “investing”.

2 Likes

Yep SEBI took a right move but for FII/FPI and DII…

Real irony is even though pledging of equity from the Corporate house has become minimal, pledging of equity from Retail Investors for Trading has increased Blatantly.

Nop, before the game was only played by the Corporate house now retails, are growing which in any developing market is expected.

Business houses take Letter of Credit from the banking system and move forward. Why don’t the Retail ask for ‘Right to Credit’ as they also consider Trading as Business?

I know a guy who delivers products to small stationery shops from companies, if I am allowed can I consider the guy is conducting a business? Now tell me can he get a letter of credit from a bank

Already Banking system is present in India to certify an Individual’s Networth.

Absolutely not, for example, the bank does not have any information about individuals fixed assets like properties.

BTW this is just a news so I am not that much concerned but I am concerned how SEBI works and helping big peoples like Mehul Choksihttps://www.businesstoday.in/current/world/mea-sebi-gave-all-positive-information-about-mehul-choksi-antigua/story/280949.html

2 Likes

Lol… Yes it’s quite apparent…

2 Likes

Lol… And they just let him pass by stealing billions and billion right from under their nose…

2 Likes

To start an Association, minimum 7 people are required. And it must hold atlesat one AGM every year, until five or more people decide to dissolve it.

3 Likes

This is a very common thing.

If you walk up-to a regulator and voice your concern about these illegal activities, that person will turn back and laugh at you until his jaws fall apart.

2 Likes

PURISTS on board now ! Born with a silver spoon ?

I bet they will see it as mindless and unnecessary activity. Just invest and sit back, they would say. Ask them about BSL/MANPASAND they will not answer.

True that !

Whatever it is, I hope it happens. Because retailers are highly fragmented.

1 Like

An association is required :+1:
Had it been already these organisations would have been shown their place much earlier

4 Likes

Sebis next move should be reservation for backward class in intraday trading.

8 Likes

ha ha ha :rofl::rofl::rofl::joy::joy::grin:

1 Like

:joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat: nice one

Your initiative is appreciable , i would like to suggest you to contact or send mail to Dr kirit somaiya , he fought for stock market small investors and won, and now part of present Government. I am sending a mail to him ([email protected] [email protected]) about the problems being created by SEBI , . or ask him to visit trading qna web page, so that at least we can draw attentions of policy maker’s.

7 Likes

Good effort :+1:

Please let me know where he is based …if in NCR I would like to get in touch with him

He is based in Mumbai I guess …just googled