Sebi plans to cap our margin on our net worth

So clearly the majority of the voters didn’t think that such a product suitability framework is not needed as the individual is already required to have the sufficient margin before they can place any trade. And on top of that there is a penalty system now which is a cause of great suffering @Avi_Garg.

What more does SEBI wants ?? Why tinker with a system that is already working ??

1 Like

And out of all the living and thriving markets in the whole world they pick South Korea as an inspiration . That South Korean market is dead because of them regulations.

Why not take inspirations from NYSE, FTSE, NASDAQ, DAX ???

2 Likes

Totally agreed!
But how can we voice out and put it in SEBI’s ears?

I think How about a protest strike against SEBI's proposed Networth decision? - #32 by p699 is a good idea. Brokers act as a medium between the Exchanges and the Participants. So, they need to actively support this trading boycott wherein mass-mailers should be circulated and put their shutters down. Yes, short-term revenue loss but long term resolution.

Every Retailer supporting this should get a forum to speak out and pen down every single concern - be it high STT, insider trading, STCG, unrealistic Lot-size, etc… This needs to be concisely presented to SEBI from the broker’s end and a rigorous realistic rationale discussion must take place between the Broker (representing the trading community) or market participants and the SEBI.

Let’s approach our Broker’s individually and see their response! Please keep the lights on during the weekends.

P.S.
BTW South Korea is an emerging market, so is Pakistan. Why copy the rules followed in some other exchanges. India is India and the geo-political, socio-economical factors are unique to Her only. How dare a Sarkari Chamcha compare our market to others - it only shows SEBI incompetencies (in the past SEBI plagiarized models of major US exchanges and today using South Korea). Our market is functional and the heavy losses incurred by individuals in Derivatives section are notional to an individual which must be attributed as personal decision. How can you even think and come up with such stupidity? What about them (although very less in number) who overcame these barriers, hurdles; struggled hard, studied day-night, managed difficulties in life and thriving today for financial freedom?

This is the very difficulty of Democracy. Laws support Entropy (gradual decline into disorder) at the cost of penalizing the Efficient Workforce.

4 Likes
2 Likes

2 Likes

Segregate gamblers and Traders.

does this whole thing include intraday positions in cash (buy and short sell) which is without leverage?

why can’t they introduce mini lots or reduce existing lot size instead of making this move
:pensive:

2 Likes

Exactly my point. They deliberately increase the lot size so obviously people will loose more and now they are blaming the people. This again is a crooked game being played upon us and we must not let it pass as if it will be alright. No its time to act and make sure we retailers don’t get thrown out of the capital market because of some draconian, utterly unhealthy Sebi procedure.

1 Like

That person in youtube video is talking about developed markets

Tell him the mini lots concept in developed markets

2 Likes

Yes for example you have many mini lots in other markets like emini for spx, nasdaq mini for nq, and so on.

Simple, the regulator in those markets are sensible wise persons with real life experience.

2 Likes

As @nithin said “most of Zerodha’s revenue comes from derivatives” MINI LOTS will be best solution for all:

1. it will reduce risk for retailers (which SEBI wants to do from the purely banning derivatives for retailers).
    not all retailers will be punished from the sebi’s move, it will help brokers too in revenue
1 Like

He mentioned (in that video) about product suitability and that many investors dont understand Fno, also that in some countries educational qualification has been linked, at one point he said while kyc income related proof is provided (also that koi additional information nahi maangi ja rhi) and finally it will be a soft touch regulation…from these i get a gut feeling that we needn’t be extremely worried…thr might be a change but i guess it wudnt be very harsh on those traders who trade fno with proper knowledge and understanding…

1 Like

I hope so I really do. But there is a saying prevention is better than cure. So we must prevent those rules from being implemented

2 Likes

thats right…i think whatever sebi does we must be prepared to our best so that any unexpected move by sebi can be addressed by all of us together

2 Likes

He is assuming you have submitted ITR as proof (over many years). Not your bank statements. And whatever its worth is, you will be allowed to trade 40%-50% of it. Now say you are not worried !

1 Like

i assume he knows what all documents customers provide while opening accounts

1 Like

Country wide debate/protest should be organised. For real.

1 Like

exactly…i cant give a guarantee…thats why i clearly used the words “gut feeling” and "“guess”

1 Like