Sebi plans to cap our margin on our net worth

I am doubtful if they will set the standards so high

If I have 50L, why will I do a risky business like trading?
With 50L capital I am open to so many risk-less, high reward options.

4 Likes

Ok i understand and totally agree. Btw its really wonderful having someone with contact to SC people and VIP guys. Very helpful for all in cases like these. And thanks again for your continuous effort.

3 Likes

@Vandana1 @aniketchatterjee @SBpat For MF rumours were that networth will be fixed between 10 and 100Cr. Now it is fixed at 50 Cr minimum networth. If I have innovative idea and I dont have 50Cr I cant start a MF.

1 Like

Thats why its of utmost important that we get this ARTI up and running. So that in emergency cases we will be prepared with full force.

1 Like

India is progressing …

Many years ago stress was given on developing our values…

Few years ago it changed to developing our qualifications …

Nowadays the requirement is to develop our networth and bank balance …

Moving towards a capitalist economy …qualities always filter from top to bottom … jaisa raja vaisi praja

1 Like

Or why not trading if you do happen to know a successful method. Afterall you can be successful if you even have a 50% - 60% hit rate given that you have a very strict R:R which will allow the Reward to dominate the Risk

If i had that amount of money i would straight away go automation. Mental discipline is the only hurdle in my trading business to be honest.

"Once in an interview, Rakesh Jhunjhunwla said, “I had no capital when I came to the markets, and no father gifts and no father-in-law gifts. So I had to earn the capital to invest. How do you invest if you don’t have the capital? And I got the capital by doing future trading.”

4 Likes

@ManishAstral @Vandana1 @aniketchatterjee @AmbedkarsFinger
Just read this to know how deluded Dr T K Vishwanathn is . He wants companies to register the names of relatives also ! Also the names of people who lived in the promoter’s house for a period > 1 year :man_facepalming:

3 Likes

is this decision going to affect intraday trading too in the cash market?
Also the margin we get with co & mis be affected too?

I think this is the report from SEBI for net worth criteria

https://www.sebi.gov.in/reports/reports/aug-2018/report-of-committee-on-fair-market-conduct-for-public-comments_39884.html

As per page 65, committee is recommending SEBI to create an “affordability index” based on Income/ net worth, and restricting trading according to that index.

The report is open public comment, we should mail them our points on the given ids in the report–

[email protected]
[email protected]

3 Likes

@viv11 Thanks a lot for finding that link.
Recommendations : The Committee recommends that SEBI may consider the following-

a)Rules may be framed to decide on an “affordability index” (like the CIBIL score) based on income / net worth of investor which will establish affordability of transactions

b)Broker may be made responsible to calculate affordability index based on supporting documents of income and /or net worth given by client. Mechanics of construction of such index may be notified by SEBI after due consultation with market participant.

c)Based on this, a certain volume of trading would be considered normal. If exceeding the specified volumeupto the next prescribed level, broker may be required to enhance diligence. If the trading volume is even higher than that prescribed level, the account would be suspected to be a mule account

d)This would be rebuttable by submitting appropriate document

SEBI wants to create a CIBIL kind of score to participate in the market ??
So SEBI will decide if I can afford a stock or not !!!
crazy !!!

We got to flood these links :rage:

3 Likes

See Zerodha is the 2nd largest broker now…why don’t we ask Zerodha to form a group …Sending a message to everones account/phone number to join a group so that everyone will come together.How many use tradingqna …what say ?

2 Likes

Click here to join the Telegram group of “Association of Retail Traders of India”
https://t.me/joinchat/J9Q0zRFS6dgg81dA9lYVWg

1 Like

I don’t think they will help in this way … they are working in their own way to convince sebi

It’s 50 Cr for MFs. 50L is being set in line with the net worth requirements that in USA and Korea. In ruppee terms, in Korea it is approx 35L and US its approx 70L for trading derivatives.

They are doing whatever the hell they want whether its for real good or not they do not care. Again this their crooked game which is totally in interest of their own welfare without any regard for the rest of the country men.

We need to form the association for real with serious aim and focus. Otherwise those fools will damage our livelihood

1 Like

Hell no…I left my job 2 years back for full time trading…I don’t have 50L. SEBI kyun ungli kar raha hain bhai?

1 Like

Tab SEBI so raha tha! Sala gali nikal raha hain muh se…

1 Like

Let’s send a public email to this address. From ARTI with all the members name and support.

@Vandana1 has already drafted a email above which can be used as a public/association email too.

2 Likes