Sebi plans to cap our margin on our net worth

Totally agreed

Watch this video till end he said sebi exposure limit derivatives pe lagyega. Cash pe nahi. So we atleast have cash to grow. To offerd to trade in derivatives.

1 Like

@pratik_thakur he knows as much as we do brother, no privileged information for him

2 Likes

Sebi should start giving stock recommendations soon so that naive and ignorant traders like us don’t make any losses and don’t go bankrupt :joy:

Awesome !! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

I am in too. Let’s object this.

1 Like

@manas111 @ManishAstral @Vandana1
Top 5 players own more than 50% of AUM - Ajay Tyagi
He is concerned about this and yet he sets the bar for new MFs entry high…50Cr networth. He seems to have only tuglaq ideas.DlQxMp8W0AEvGZN

1 Like

But is he sure about that. Or is he merely speculating like many of us.

Well AMC has no problem with that. As they are generally High Networth Entities having many MF schemes under management. 50cr is nothing for them.

But for us retail individuals any nonsensical networth based high entry barrier is a game over scenario.

@ManishAstral No there are some MFs which are struggling to meet that. Quantum mutual funds is one of those. 50Cr is high.

2 Likes

Ok. So then MF also have something to fight against i guess.

2 Likes

Setting capital hurdles can never be a solution …
Only solution is to increase awareness about do’s and don’t’s to average investors and traders so that they don’t make trading mistakes

4 Likes

yeah the education route is more sensible, some exam or something, just enough so people understand what they’re getting into

Exchanges loved the mini contracts, but SEBI asked for it to be stopped. I guess the idea behind stopping mini and also increasing the contract size was to make it harder for people with lesser amounts to trade derivatives. But I guess people shifted to options, which is actually more harmful.

5 Likes

The news paper article recently suggested it is for investing also, but hopefully something like that won’t happen.

2 Likes

@nithin how big the impact will be on option writer ? Since My option strategy is severely impacted due to this.

1 Like

Option buyers have limited risk. Do such restrictions applicable to them?
Are they going to calculate BUY option exposure based on the notional value of option?

Can we trade options buy side only with 1-2 lakh capital?

Any idea Nithin Sir?

1 Like

Traders and investors are loosing due to SEBI Certified Advisers. They are the main culprit behind the loss of innocent traders and investors. :rofl:
SEBI must ban them first.

1 Like

if all that sebi plans is to protect novice participants from loosing money… a simple online exam just to ensure all those coming to the derivative floor are adequately capitalised in terms of knowledge and know wat they are doing ,wud hav sufficed…its just a no brainer…but i somehow think the plot runs far deeper…they dont want people to be trading …morale policing…this is really wat scares me…coz if dats really wat they want courts can do nothing.Moreover if they do go thru wit this it will cause irrepairable damage to our markets…coz as we all know liquidty has its momentum,as a significant part of market is taken off,qualified traders especially foreign ones will shift to better avenues…sgx which is literally waiting with a thali on its hands to greet them…which will further reduce liquidity…it will simply be death sentence for nse…more than anger at these idiots…i am just scared this are the guys running our institutons

2 Likes

Watch this video on

1 Like