Sebi plans to cap our margin on our net worth

You are asking to someone who has nothing to do with trading and he is here only to discourage real traders

3 Likes

@Aakanksha12 SEBI is not acting in interests of the people of India. Looks like SEBI wants to finish growth of Indian markets and rise in stature of Indian markets globally.

one lot bank nifty trading at 40, with bank nifty at 26500 has a notional turnover of approx 10 lakhs. The real turnover is just 1600. So with a exposure limit of 50 lakh, one will be able to trade only 5 lots, that is only for 8000 rupees. So SEBI wants people who have 50 lakhs networth to be able to trade for only 8000 rupees. Really how stupid is SEBI to say that with 50 lakhs net worth you are able to trade only for 8000 rupees :slight_smile:

This will be the most foolish proposition in any world market. Indians will run away from Indian markets and shift to global platforms like “Interactive Brokers” which allows Indians to trade across many exchanges of world. Costs will go up slightly for traders, but that will be nothing compared to the the draconian restrictions by SEBI. Over long time, traders will adjust, and just leave Indian markets. And shift the volumes to global exchanges and global platforms. Due to SEBI, everyone will be a looser - all Indians, Indian traders, Indian brokers, Indian financial firms, indian economy etc.

But that’s the worst case scenario. Hopefully the overwhelming opposition by people, Indian institutions across country will knock some sense into SEBI, and such a situation won’t arise. And if SEBI still goes ahead, hopefully judiciary will cancel SEBI ruling, as this move is clearly against Constitution of India.

Also SEBI is lying that the turnover in derivatives is 15 times equity. They are calculating notional turnover which is a joke. If any genuine person looks at real cash turnover in derivatives, its not 15 times at all.

2 Likes

If SEBI thinks that by banning or restricting Indian Retail from Indian Derivatives or Day Trading in Cash segment it will be able to force those Indians to buy more equities, then the SEBI board should be disbanded immediately. They don’t have any real world knowledge of Markets or Traders psychology.

Traders will just move to other markets. Traders won’t start buying equities. And once traders move outside India, it will become very difficult to get them back without giving excessive sops. Once traders become used to other markets, they wont return back easily as they would become comfortable with the global markets.

This step by SEBI will just drain the capital out of India, out of Indian markets to outside countries and foreign exchanges.

3 Likes

Don’t think SEBI will take such a hard step without taking confidences of brokers and exchanges…

3 Likes

Corruption!! as usual in gov organization!

3 Likes

I don’t think SEBI needs to ask the brokers and exchanges, as the SEBI is superior than those.
The FIIs and FPIs are the only people who can scar the SEBI and FM just by saying we will start selling!!!
Lol!!!

2 Likes

Hedging will find difficult with drying liquidity.

Are big fishes really using FNO for hedging purpose? I never understood use of ‘Hedging’. How did big investors RJ, VK, WF took positions in S&MCap(devoid of FNO facility) managed to hedge their positions during bad times?

Manipulating cash price & then benefiting from underlying FNO with high leverage is better option for big fishes.

2 Likes

Good info about international brokerage. I did not know Indians can trade in all the stock exchanges outside India

2 Likes

Hi guys akanksha from pune here…I m New to trading world what should b ones step right now…should I turn to equity trading from index future…please guide me…seniors advice is appreciated…

@Aakanksha12 in my opinion a beginner should start with equity trades and not derivatives

1 Like

Thanks Anup_2018…

1 Like

Hi anup_2018 I started from derivatives since three month I m consistently earning 3k per month…so it is right to shift to equity.

1 Like

its great if you are able to do that…however, its the other way round…equity and then derivatives…but if you are doing it well then you its up to you to decide… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah anup_2018 but I m tense due to sebis this move because senior trader r saying after this move of volume of derivatives will dry up so it would not b profitable business in future.

1 Like

yeah thats true…let wait and hope for the best…

1 Like

Sebi wants all to lose and it wants our economy to fall. Kickout sebi as soon as possible with shitty rules.

3 Likes

I think there is a lesson to be learnt from today’s index movement especially when you r trading in derivative markets.

3 Likes

3k per month or 3k per trade

If your are earning 3k per MONTH trading in F&O then i would suggest you stop trading in F&O.

4 Likes

No matter how powerful SEBI is, it’s tough to implement anything where so many opposing it.

5 Likes