Selling credit spreads

Dear Sir, I have a position where I have sold 1 Oct 11500 call and bought 1 Oct 11600 call on Sep 29. Now, I want to add another position sell 1 Oct 11600 call and buy 1 Oct 11700 call. But I am unable to do so, my 11600 call of the previous position get sold. Similarly, I want to create a 11400 -11500 call credit spread. I can’t perform it. Please let me know how can I do this? Warm regards Ajay Singh

In one account you can’t do all these things together …There are lots of other ways to manage credit spread . Try that

You cannot go both Long and Short in same strike at the same time. You can either be Long or either be Short.

Is this bear call spread?

@ShubhS9

Why sir???

Do we have to use different accounts?

@MightyBulls
Don’ t trade in options before you have learned about them.
But here question is not even that of deep knowledge but common sense.

In maths (-A +B ) + (-B +C) = -A +C.

Its as simple as that!

(- 11400 +11500 ) + (-11500 +11600) + (-11600 + 11700) = -11400 +11700.

Because this is how maths work. Believe me! During my school I have tried to convince my teachers & parents that this is not how maths work. But they never listen to me. Always got big :egg: in math.

When you take Long position in a particular Strike, and try to take Short position in same strike, your position will be netted-off at exchange.

1 Like

Also if you want to track all three spreads simultaneously for whatever reasons, you will need a specialized software.
One good sofware is Option oracle by pasi sir. Its free.

Try to different strike strategy or different strategy.