Selling Pledged stock at Zerodha

@siva
What is interoperability?

How much longer will the above issue take ?

Would really like to instantly unpledge and sell instead of waiting overnight

It’s time zerodha offers the selling feature before unpledging. All brokers offer the same.

2 Likes

@nithin I saw somewhere you mentioned about that you are working on this feature. I would like to know the status of this feature (sell pledged stocks/funds directly). Since, market reached to a stage where most of the trader/investor feel to churn their portfolios. It’s time to have this feature in real time. Current process of unpledge and sell stock/funds is frustrating one. Not looking to change the brokerage platform unless I don’t see this feature in near term (Honest feedback). However, Due to lack of this feature, I feel to miss out the opportunities.

When you deploy feature for selling pledged stocks without unpledging then will it be available directly to general users or will you run any beta testing before relesing for everyone?

If yes on beta testing then how can anyone apply for it?

Can’t wait for this feature.

My dear @siva

What is the update on this new feature launch ? desperately waiting.

Kindly let us know

We’re working on it. Will keep you posted on it.

its been more than a year that you ar working on this and causing inconvenience to lacs of your customers .

@ShubhS9 @siva @nithin

Friends this is waaay wayyy over due ?

When will instantly selling pledged shares be active on Zerodha ? Please can we have a date instead of generic answers.

Thanks!

@siva

oh hello ? its been awhile. Whats happening with this ??

Hey @Anki, this should go live soon. Will keep you posted.

what is update about this feature…there is so much delay

@ShubhS9 I was worndering if there is an option in to see all the feature requests you guys are working on & probably users can vote which they think as important.

That way you will have clarity & actual roadmap what feature is most awaited.

Like lot people asks for investing in US. Direct withdraw of MF in account, Sellings pledged shares. What do you say @nithin A vote from users will at least give some insight while setting priority tasks.

Nolt is a great tool to do exactly this!
(supposedly integrates with popular planning/tracking tools that dev teams might be using)

Here’s a real-life example of a Nolt roadmap.

We had done a version of this many years back, ended up being chaotic. Tough to reason out with everyone why the business has to do what with priority. For most customers, their own problems are usually bigger than others. I think something like this is okay to run as a B2B business, but very tough as a B2C business with millions of customers.

Agreed. The sense of entitlement i see around is huge! :sweat_smile:
Everyone wants their current favorite feature/workflow which they thought of just 2mins back, implemented right now! :rofl:

Interesting. Do you have a link to it? Or any archives?
Maybe we can restart it with the chaotic parts disabled this time around? :thinking:

While it sounds good to have open feedback,
i can see how it gets tiring to respond the same/similar requests again and again,
almost always accompanied with subsequent threats to switch to another broker.

@nithin Maybe a read-only roadmap then?

• an ordered list of features (backlog)
  • on a timeline with a tentative release schedule (eg. which month)
  • which is dynamically updated upon each release and whenever priorities or regulations change.

Basically, something that Zerodha folks can point to when asked about a feature
and avoid the “Will be available soon” comment that’s almost a meme now. :blush:

Nolt is a great tool to do exactly this!
(supposedly integrates with popular planning/tracking tools that dev teams might be using)

Here are a few FOSS alternatives as well https://alternativeto.net/software/nolt/?license=opensource

There is one available soon from 7 years back on Tradingqna, yet to arrive. Someone just pointed out. :slight_smile:

Let me speak to the team, it is just added unwanted pressure putting out stuff that we are working on.

Hi Team,

What is the update on the feature, its already more than a year now when you are still trying to implement an feature.
@nithin

if you read the last message in this topic-thread from Nithin,
the features will get done when they get done. :slightly_smiling_face:

If i understood Nithin’s response in this topic-thread correctly,
Zerodha’s stance appears to be to henceforth avoid publishing their planned roadmaps/deadlines and putting pressure on themselves, especially in a domain with dynamic/ever-changing regulations and market needs.

(Especially as most users appear to be interpreting estimates as commitments,
and feeling bad later when the roadmap / timeline changes.)

We’re working on it, Nitin. Will keep you updated :slightly_smiling_face:

Hello Zerodha Team,
Is there any update on this feature yet?