Sensibull - The Options Trading Platform

Thanks for the explanation @Abid_Hassan

NSE Site says the underlying is being traded in capital Market. which means spot , right ?

1 Like

Thanks for pointing that out @Ram_mohan.

Yes, that works in theory and text books. Option trading teams across the country use the futures price. That is the only thing which works practically.

A lot of text books also ask you to use the spot price and use r as risk free rate in the Black Scholes model. But that never gives you consistent prices. For example, when a stock future goes into discount instead of premium, does it mean negative interest rate? No, right?

Of course, on expiry it does not matter because spot and future prices become the same on expiry day

7 Likes

Interesting. Good luck. Will definitely check it out.

1 Like

Bang On ! @Abid_Hassan
I was trying to check what you have explained above :slight_smile:

Can you please help me with sources, where I can read more on this.
TIA :sunglasses:
-Ram

@Abid_Hassan Can you/someone please tell me how i can use this for futures trading?

Ram Can[quote=“Ram_mohan, post:8, topic:38762”]
Bang On ! @Abid_Hassan

I was trying to check what you have explained above :slight_smile:

Can you please help me with sources, where I can read more on this.

TIA :sunglasses:

-Ram
[/quote]

Oh this is lovely. Thanks a lot @Ram_mohan for illustrating this for the rest of the users. You can read my reply on this thread:
What are some good books on Options?

2 Likes

Hassan - dont you think this is the key?

If I know this why will I use your platform. I think the platform reduces a huge portion of the work I do in excel (less than 1%). Other wise the holy grail lies in this “Nifty will be up 200 points in 7 days” which is 99% of the work! Isnt it?

Hi @rbtj
It really depends on you. If you are an expert in the pay-offs, you would find that part simple. Also, all said and done, no platform on earth can be better than a super-pro experienced options trader with an excel sheet :smiley:

For some people who chiefly do Delta 1 (F/Cash) trading, directional view is everything. But there are so many things you can say with some certainty without knowing direction. Like NIFTY not going to fall 2% a week when there is hardly any event, etc. Or NIFTY is in a range. Or NIFTY is going nowhere.

With such a view, the whole Vega, Theta angle kicks in. And many people will find it a lot more easier if they can do without overloading their heads with the cognitive loads during trading hours.

Or that’s what I think

2 Likes

Perfect, makes sense!

Just checked your portal and tried out a few features. Incredible work :clap: :raised_hands: Cheers! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks a lot man :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nice work. It is good starting. One suggestion. Option chain is more convenient when you are able to see both puts & calls in same page. Some thing like in NSE site.

thanks,
Anu

Thanks @sarniu

Passing this feedback to the designer. Tiny mobile screens forced this choice. We will figure out a way to show everything in one page. Thanks for the feedback!

1 Like

Hi,

Pretty good. But i’m getting an error saying ‘This authentication did not succeed’. No option to provide my username password as well. May you hep me please?

Thanks
Pradeep K

@Pradeep_Kuppusamy can you please email me with your screenshot at [email protected]. Thanks for bringing this to our notice

1 Like

Any reason using .trade as domain while login??
https://kite.trade/connect/login?api_key=

Reason i asked because my antivirus block this thinking as phishing site hence authentication fails.

@Abid_Hassan

@random4321
Hey Sam
That’s a great point. Thanks for bringing this it out. I’ll get back on this soon.

1 Like

Is it dynamic like all the parameters change during trading hours or this is static?

No option for trading and Managing strangles and straddles

There should be an option called “between” in the estimated expiry selection

Hey @Nandha207,
We have the multi leg strategies running in the code. Just need to put UI on it, which we are slowly adding.

In a week or two you will see call spread put spread straddle strangle butterfly and iron Condor.

Let me know if you have any more feature requests. Thanks again for the comment

3 Likes

@Abid_Hassan can you widen the columns of the event calender, please.