sentinel is not accepting new alert

When I put the alert condtion to alert me when the last traded price is less then the value of the previous low it says that the condition is already met though I have entered the price value correctly.

What’s the alert you are trying to create?

when I put a general alert last traded price of a share is less than/ higher than a particular vale it says that the condition is already met . The condition might have already met in the past. But I am putting the condition with the present market condition and I am not able to put the condition as I get the above message

You have not answered my query. When I put a general alert or an advanced trigger after market hours the alert is not accepted and it says that the trigger condition is already met. I am putting the alert for the next day market condition and the trigger condition might have already met in todays market or previous market which is immaterial for me. Say I put a condition

LastTradedPrice(‘NSE:HDFCBANK’@)> OpenPrice(’@HDFCBANK)+5

It might have necessarily met during the concluded market hours but i want it to be executed the next market day.

In that case, you will have to use a “Date function”. In this case:

LastTradedPrice('NSE:HDFC') > OpenPrice('NSE:HDFC')+5 && Timestamp() > DateString('2018-12-05')

Again there is an error message when I put an alert as under :
LastTradedPrice(‘NSE:HCLTECH’)>LowPrice(‘NSE:HCLTECH’)+1 && DateString(‘2018-12-03’)

as Value ‘1.5437754e+09’ cannot be used with the logical operator ‘&&’, it is not a bool

Try this:
LastTradedPrice(‘NSE:HCLTECH’)>LowPrice(‘NSE:HCLTECH’)+1 && Timestamp() = DateString(‘2018-12-03’)

it is not accepting the alert message and logs out without any message

Just copy past this trigger “LastTradedPrice(‘NSE:HDFC’) > OpenPrice(‘NSE:HDFC’)+5 && Timestamp() > DateString(‘2018-12-05’)” and just change the date. You are getting this error because you are incorrectly using the time functions.

Still the same error is coming. It is getting logged out. I tried after market hours again the same result
LastTradedPrice(‘NSE:INFY’)> OpenPrice(‘NSE:INFY’)+5 && Timestamp()>DateString(‘2018-12-3’)

But it has accepted the same without date stamp for

LastTradedPrice(‘NSE:HCLTECH’)>OpenPrice(‘NSE:HCLTECH’) +2

Please clarify

That’s because the condition was unmet at the time of you creating the alert.

My question is not answered properly. .The alert with time stamp and date is not accepted and the system logs out. for example
LastTradedPrice(‘NSE:HCLTECH’)>LowPrice(‘NSE:HCLTECH’)+ 5 &&Timestamp () == DateString(‘2018-12-03’)

The alert without time stamp and date is accepted selectively for some cases. My question is when I put alert for the purpose of next day after market hours say 4 -5pm the alert shows the trigger condition is already met which is applicable for the current date which is already over and I am putting the alert for the next day. Then you suggested applying time stamp which does not work and the system logs out or give error message.