SGB Codes and Listing

This comment is so under-rated! Saved me hours of hardwork, Needed this to compare whether to buy from secondary market or apply to new tranche.

1 Like

I am not able to find any cheap issue in secondary market. I am going with RBI issues one only this time. What was your observation?
https://twitter.com/SGBUpdates

Doesn’t matter primary or secondary, buy the better deal.

1. If I buy these SGB from Zerodha, what do I need to do get the interest and the maturity amount equal to then Gold market price or Interest will credited in bank account automatically?

2. Does the price of SGB gets lower after the interest payout?

3. Atleast how many days before of interest payout I should buy in order to get the 2.5% interest?

Thanks…

1. Interest will be deposited to your bank account automatically
  2. Ideally it should. But all depends on demand supply on the stock market… There are 52 tranches of them… Not all of them are super liquid…

You don’t have to do anything. The internet payment and proceeds upon maturity will be credited directly to your primary bank account.

As @AJ007 answered.

Answer in detail here: Where can I find the interest payment dates and record date for interest payments on sovereign gold bonds (SGBs)? - #3 by Bhuvan

Note that you will not get 2.5% interest on your purchase price if you buy SGB from the secondary market. You will get 2.5% (or whatever is the declared percentage) on the issue price of the SGB. These two prices can be quite different, especially for tranches issued a few years in the past.

1 Like

Collated everything in one place for everyone’s reference here.

Kudos to Prayag for sharing the details.

Yes you can find it in the secondary market as per my knowledge as well. I am not so sure about your second query though.

i am someone who thought of using SGB to use as collateral for trading and waiting since almost a month now just for zerodha to get them added to ur approved list…support ticket interestingly says you will do it randomly and we need randomly check to see if it added to ur approved pled gable stocks … Is that how it works? randomly added and customer wait it ?very funny answer but over the phone ur team said it takes time for cdsl to approve to be made pledge able… what is truth ? even after sgb is tradable and reflect in holding why does it take time for zerodha to add them into ur ecel sheet so that people can pledge it…

hi @ShubhS9 or zerodha team, can you please answer how much MAX number of working/calendar days it takes for the SGB to be available to be used as collateral after issue close date by RBI?

1. number of days between: issue close date by RBI to clearing-corp whitelisting/publishing
  2. number of days between: clearing-corp whitelisting to zerodha collateral list?

Appreciate if you dont provide hand-waive/guesstimates which is really useless.
and please provide some upper-bound/deterministic dates.

If any info is available on the last couple of tranch on such breakup of dates, those inputs are appreciated.

Thanks

@economiconed, the securities are approved by the Clearing Corporation, it’s hard to tell exactly when they will do it. However, the list of securities available for pledging are updated by the CC at the end of every month. Our list is updated at the start of each month.

Thank you so much, you really are god sent!
This is the work which behemoths like Zerodha, NSE, BSE and RBI should do, but very well done by you to present this useful and much needed information in a simple format.

Thank you Prayag!

@Prayag please update for 2023 issues as well , if possible please include issue prices it’ll be of great help.

Thanks

1 Like

This thread contains the updated issues as well - Interest payment dates for Sovereign Gold Bonds (SGBs). Will include issue price also

Will check this out, Siva. Thanks for the feedback.

1 Like

DW3256 Hi pls allow for this

i have SGBs that i brought from the secondary market and pledged them for margins it’s maturing in Feb 24
What happens on it’s maturity and how would it affect me any way to see what will be the exact amount credited to bank account?

Totally depends on gold rate at that time. So no real way to know about it now.

So whatever gold rate would be prevailing at the time of maturity that would be given to me?