Share certificate to Demat

I have few share certificates in my father’s name. I want to transfer them into my name and convert them into de-materialized form. Is it possible to do this? If yes, how?

A shareholder who wants to dematerialise his shares needs to open a demat account with Depository Participant (DP), and surrender his physical shares.
If a shareholder who wants to transfer shares to the demat account of another can transfer by issuing appropriate instructions to the concerned depository participant through Delivery Instruction Slip (DIS) which will be issued by the DP. The delivery instruction slip is a book similar to a cheque book and an investor is supposed to handle it with the same care as a cheque book.

1 Like