Should you invest in Bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies in India?

Yes,

There is a premium in the USDT/INR pair on Indian exchanges. There is always a premium on Indian exchanges, there’s no way getting around it.

1 Like

A friend of mine posted screenshot few days back showing not very large spread or premium.

Do your research please. If you cannot understand, 100% avoid.

@nithin

Since rbi lifted the ban on crypto’s
I have register with wazirx (indian cryptocurrency platform) with kyc
which has been acquired by binance.
Since then i have also binance account with kyc

I’m using wazirx to buy usdt from inr and send usdt to binance account since binance doesn’t support any fiat currency

My question is binance is offering services like margin trading, futures and options etc in there platform, can i trade in cryptocurrency futures from binance is that legal from india ?

Grey area. But we just shared this, maybe it can help.

I recently read that a group representing the crypto industry (includes law firm Khaitan and Co and audit/research firm Crebaco Global) are in the process of submitting recommendations (including changes to FEMA Rules) to Finance and Law ministries by the last week of December 2020 -

Hoping some clarity emerges from the regulator’s side about the ongoing debate about the legality/illegality of cryptocurrency in India (with so many news articles about a Bill banning cryptocurrency making rounds for months)

Interesting update coming on this front. looks like govt is actively discussing crypto. maybe there will be a major update soon

with government planning to ban bitcoin in india .
where and how would the Indian crypto currency investors shell out their crypto assets . because , now in india ; no indian would like to buy the bitcoin . then . how and where would the indian investors SELL ?
if there is no buyer in india or indian platform exchange because of the ban then how would the seller sell ?

suppose , a seller finds a buyer today . then , how the buyer of today will be able to sell it tomorrow , ?
@nithin

First of all, this is false. No one going to ban bitcoin.
Only ‘private cryptos’ will be banned.

for example ? can u name a few ?

I don’t know a lot of examples but few of them are Monero, Zcash etc.
The transactions in private crypto is not publically available. The address is masked so that in private cryptos the sender/receiver cannout be found out.
This may be used in a wrong/bad way.
One one said that ‘bitcoin’ is going to get banned. Bitcoin is just one of many cryptos out there.
(The information above might be wrong).
But, Bitcoin getting banned is false.

ahhaha look at this…Omicron coin rallied 250% …reason? the name of new variant is omicron :rofl:

1 Like