Smallcase vs Direct Mutual fund vs Individual Stocks Vs ETF

Can I conclude ETF is better alternative for MF & Equity Delivery is better than Small case in terms of fee & Choice depending on way of managing portfolio (they does our work or I do myself) ?

In india, MF is way better then ETF.

Equity is always better if you can manage your risk. Time is more valuable in equity markets than money and the longer you stay the greater the chance of winning in equity markets.

In long run costs, fees, taxes do matter. One wise man rightly said

on an average active investment beats passive investment in India – BECAUSE THE INDEX IS poorly constructed

there is no reward without risk, your taking risk DOES NOT entitle you to reward, hey, that is risk!

my 2 paisa

1 Like

ETF is better than other MF

Better is a subjective term. If you consider Lower Risk as better than yes, ETFs are better but at the same time returns are not as high as other equity funds.

Equity Delivery is better than Small case

You save Rs 100 + GST if you buy Stocks yourself instead of doing it via Smallcase. You can always see what their research says and buy them yourself.

1 Like

Very useful information thanks.

You are almost right in your conclusion. But there is one small hitch. The universe of MF is quite large and you can choose as per your liking eg… I want exposure only to small caps or I want only exposure to service sector or export oriented cos etc etc…
So in case of mfs you can diversify and make choices which suites your risks better.

ETF on the other hand do not have such a large range of options.

With Equity Delivery you can be your own cook.

If learning is one my objective I’ll surely choose equity delivery by investing in small chunks and taking lessons along the way.

All the best.

1 Like

Your investments should be balanced. Smallcase may give you much higher returns than Mutual Funds but risk is also high. So Invest some fix amount in MF every month and then play in Stocks. Smallcase is definitely a wonderful option.

1 Like

Is smallcase is really better than mutual funds? I know the mutual funds are managed by fund managers with proficient skills but who create smallcases and how much we can rely on the specific smallcase. I mean I really like the idea of investing through smallcase but it just makes me think how to rely on its management. Is it safe to invest through smallcase? If I just purchasase Smart Beta- Low risk and leave it for years and years… Will it be Okay??

If you are talking about performance,you can check the smallcase performance against similar mutual which shares a common benchmark(nifty50,nifty Midcap,Nifty small Cap etc.

)These are also created by the small case team who are SEBI registered research analysts.

It all depends on your risk apetite ,your target that you want to achieve and what you are expecting out ff a specific small case.

One thing i observed with small case is that it has relatively lesser number of stocks in their portfolio compared to MF.Not sure how much of this impacts the returns,but just an observation from me.

what is smallcase ?

Have you heard of Google?

1 Like

Here you go

:joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

Thnkuu sudheer bhai. And Plz can anybody help me to understand ETF more… Why AMC created ETF, how do the AMC earns from ETF, I mean ETF dont have any expense ratio, what is the benefit to AMC if we buy the their ETF… ? (few more question might come after getting the answers :sweat_smile: I watch many videos of etf on youtube and for short, it is a fusion of stock and mutual fund but why AMC create the ETF is they wont be earning expense ratio and exit load) why why why? :sweat_smile: plz somebody enlighten me

I am not a professional by any chance to explain this …may be other can pitch in.Meanwhile suggest you to subscribe to learnapp .I think they have done some beautiful courses to understand all these concepts.

Thankyou bhai… I have the app installed since a longtime but didnt subscribed :sweat_smile:… But yeah now I will consider it. :slightly_smiling_face:

& If anyone can help me to understand my above query… So plz… would be very helpful…

Can you post that as a separate question, I’ll answer it. Seems a little out of context here.

How do i redeem smallcase?

oh sure sir… i’ll copy and paste my question from above…

Why AMC created ETF, how do the AMC earns from ETF, I mean ETF dont have any expense ratio, what is the benefit to AMC if we buy the their ETF… ? And since everyone knows Index fund are better than most mutual funds then why people dont buy the ETFs which provides more liquidity and lower expenses (few more question might come after getting the answers :sweat_smile: I watch many videos of etf on youtube and for short, it is a fusion of stock and mutual fund but why AMC create the ETF if they wont be earning expense ratio and exit load) why why why? :sweat_smile: plz somebody enlighten me

An ETF for your undersatnding is a mutual fund that trades on the exchange. This should give you a basic idea:

Of course they do but they are cheaper than equivalent mutual funds.

It depends on the duration of a trade. If you want to express a short-term view or do tactical trading, then ETFs make more sense than index funds because they don’t have any exit loads. You can get in and out of an ETF just like you would a stock.

Having said that, not all ETFs are liquid in India and these are still early days for ETFs in India.

2 Likes

:rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl::rofl: best reply