Starting a genuine stock market tips/recommendations company

More than that from 2017 - 2022. But last FY did around 27% only. Depends on whether market trends or not. So again no guaranteed return expectation. I will take what market gives which is the reality.

Agree with the first part, second part is what I already do in my trading account. Your reality or opinion of it is okay.

As a trader, there are limitations to how much one can trade, deploy capital, hire team etc. If I am having a strategy which works on every stock and indices with some modifications which are ATR based, I could make a good business out of it. So building good capital is one reason. Second, also you get to do something good for your subscribers instead of teaching or providing tips without money back guarantee which most of the time are scams.

That’s what I said. They can guide their clients. But never publically. SEBI usually don’t take it very seriously. But when they do , penalties will be in lakhs , if not crores. That’s not a good risk to reward ratio :slight_smile:

1 Like

So how do registered RA’s broadcast trades to their subscribers if not sms or whatsapp ?

I said they can’t recommend publically.they can do through official WhatsApp chats and such. I’ve worked with vertex securities. They all do the same.

Sebi rightly doesnt allow what you have in mind.
When you provide stock market recommendations ( and I assume it involves derivatives), you are not just advising on direction, you are also advising on risk. Even though 60% yearly return might seem doable personally, I wouldnt think of myself assuring anything about the stock market to anyone…

You might think “money back” is just subscription for that month back, sounds like a sweet deal to you I suppose - but think deeper. Do you really want to be responsible (even morally/ethically) for future and finances of many people.? Always set the right expectations, and warn clients of the “real” risks involved.

The question is not pointed at what ‘you’ think personally in terms of ‘risk’ and what would you do given such a scenario.

Its not a sweet deal for me, its for the clients per se. What has made you to assume that I am not warning clients of ‘risk’ ? I know my win rate, gain to pain ratio, average drawdown per trade, average win, average loss, average risk per trade, sharpe ratio, cumulative drawdown, expected roi, standard deviation etc. The client will be advised of all this when doing ‘position sizing’. If I wanted to scam people, I would have started my telegram or youtube channel already or an education channel. So stop assuming things and being so judgemental, not everyone in the stock market industry wants to scam people.

Anyways, I have got my answers, and will ask the moderators to close the thread.
Thank you all for contributing.

Not assuming. Your question tells all there is to know. What you stated here on this thread is plain illegal.

Limitations on trading by research analysts.
16. (1) Personal trading activities of the individuals employed as research analyst by research entity shall be monitored, recorded and whereever necessary, shall be subject to a formal approval process.

(2) Independent research analysts, individuals employed as research analyst by research entity or their associates shall not deal or trade in securities that the research analyst recommends or follows within thirty days before and five days after the publication of a research report.

(3) Independent research analysts, individuals employed as research analysts by research entity or their associates shall not deal or trade directly or indirectly in securities that he reviews in a manner contrary to his given recommendation.

Read more at: SEBI (Research Analysts) Regulations, 2014

1 Like

first of all stop calling it tips.

I think you should take your historical trades and raise money and start an AiF……