Stock options understanding

Hi,

Initially ,infy spot:1810 , Assume

I buy 1800ce and sell 1700ce
On expiry infy spot is 1900 which means both of my strike is in the money. since i have sold one call and bought one call , will it net off each other and not result in delivery(Since it is ITM)and only pay the loss cash amount? @ShubhS9 @Prayag @Vij @jashjacob

Today Mothersumi spot 185.

210PE indicates 1.85rs
where as the open,close,high,low all have 0.05rs .

For LTP to be 1.85rs there has to be a trade at that price right? or is it just indicative price using black and scholes formula?

stock option, ITM, OTM, future

MARGIN FOR OPTION BUYERS! No More "Do Not Exercise" Option! - YouTube

1 Like

@ShubhS9

How is Upper circuit and lower circuit calculated? LTP is 21, upper circuit is 56 which seems low very low for a individual stock option

a simple Google search will answer most of your queries ( btw i went through all the posts in this thread )

Anyway
Price Bands: Trading - NSE India

Read the first para properly

1 Like

Hi @ShubhS9 ,

How many lower or upper circuit can a stock hit during the day?
What’s the time interval to resume trading for each lower or upper circuit if it gets hit continuously?

If a stock that is not in F&O segment hits circuit limit, the limits aren’t relaxed further.

If the stock in F&O segment hits circuit limit, these are relaxed further as and when they are hit.

F&O stocks carry a circuit limit of 10% and then increments of 5% each along with market halts varying between 15 minutes to the remainder of the day.

@ShubhS9
Say i short a stock intraday (MIS) , what happens if that stock hits lower circuit or upper circuit and i am not able to square up the position ?

Short delivery

Exchange tries to buy it in auction next day