Streak features

Hello sir,

I have seen the streak features through trial version and am very much impressed by it. I wanted to take a full subscription. However, I would like to know answers to my following questions:

1. Can I use multi-time-frame strategies with streak ? e.g I would like to get an alert when MACD crossover happens with each of the following different time frames considered - 1 hour, 30 minutes and 15 minutes time frame ? If all the above are true, I would like to initiate a trade ? If it is not supported currently, can I combine multiple strategies - e.g 3 strategies in the above example -
    Strategy 1 - MACD cross over for 1 Hour
    Strategy 2 - MACD cross over for 30 minutes
    Strategy 3 - MACD cross over for 15 minutes
    Strategy 4 - when Strategy1 and Strategy2 and Strategy3 are all positive.

2. Can I use the available strategies for Options as well ? e.g MACD crossover for NIFTY 11000CE AUG ?
    I understand that for backtesting, there may not be enough data available for options, but can I use the same for options intraday trade alerts ?

3. When a trade is closed and another trade with the same strategy is initiated due to the configured conditions being satisfied, does the system consider the average price with all the trades that happened in the day ? This is important because, if it starts considering the average price including the buy/sell prices of the past trades that happened on that day, the stop loss and profit percentages can change. I believe, it should take the price of the fresh trades only. The closed trades should never be considered for price calculations.

Could you please clarify my above doubts ? This would help me in making my decision about going with the right subscription plan that suits me.

Your product is really amazing and I am sure it is going to be a disruptive game changer in the days to come.

Thanks a lot.

@Streak

Hi @Kamal_Nayan

Thank you for your kind words.

1. This is currently not possible since we have released features to enable multi timeframe analysis for Streak scanner only. We are currently working on adding these feature to the create page. The update will be released soon.

2. This is not possible.

3. We do not use FIFO/ LIFO to calculate P/L. P/L is calculated per trade. This is already as per your requirement.

You can write to Streak support at [email protected] with any further queries.

Hope this helps.

@Streak @Krishnendu .Thanks for the features you provided . I was able to replicate one of the strategy in streak which earlier i did manually used to do by going through the basket of stocks and by the time i punched the orders price went way beyond.Now I am able to complete the transaction much faster and ending in some profits at EOD.

3 Likes

Did check it but I also want something where scanner of technical are already built-in like flag and pole or cup n handle patterns. What I found was only MACD or crossovers that’s very basic ones and also which you find in chartink also.

Can anyone who has used streak tell his experience

To overcome this hurdle you need to check out full automate algo trading options.

Is there a way i can time the trades ?
can i add a strategy that works at 10:30 am every day ?

Not sure at streak. But you can do this at inuvest.tech using their candle function - by specifying which candle of the day you want to take positions along with other conditions if you got.

So I tried creating a strategy by timing the market, Streak instead has this feature where by they allow us to mention the no. of candle

For example : I wanted to take a trade at 10:30 on the 15 min chart, so under entry conditions, after adding your strategy, I had to choose the option Nth and add 6
to take a trade at 10:30 am

Reason : In 15 min charts, the 6th candle will be at 10:30 am.

1 Like

If you want to save more time in punching order, you can refer this post.

2 Likes

Hi,Can i backtest and deploy a hourly breakout strategy of any stock using streak?

@Tarun_kumar_Reddy Certainly!

You send the details of your requirement to [email protected] and the team shall help you out.

1 Like

Hello @Streak team, why CO order type is not available. while BO is available but it is blocked. without placing simultaneous order, intraday is a dangerous game, isn’t it. Is there any work around? CO is anyway preferred over BO due to multiple order and brokerage.

Hi @Pk308
For every regular MIS deployments, Streak sends an SLM notification immediately after your entry order is executed and a position gets opened. As soon as the SLM is triggered, your position is exited. This is exactly what CO does.

Thanks for clarification. Further, request to implement similar workaround for BO philosophy with single order concept. I mean as soon entry position is executed fully one stoploss order and one target order should be created and triggering of either should cancel the other. @Streak

BO helps with required margin and order management. BO is already available. Currently it is blocked due to market volatility. Once it is allowed, you can deploy strategies with bracket orders.

1 Like

One more clarification plz - what is the workaround to exit from all trades executed through @Streak at 3:15 /3:16 pm to avoid going into RMS square off after 3:20. This will save from unnecessary Call and trade charges and few other risks associated.

You can exit your position at 3:15 by manually stopping all deployed strategies at 3:15 PM.

Alternatively, you can use the this method [How to exit a strategy on the basis of time?]

Thanks for replying. Btw it seems I have found one, will deploy and see the results tomorrow.

Please check the revision.

In case your workaround does not work. You can use this.