Strike price is outside the allowed range

My understanding is that they will provide it repeatedly, unless there is some fine print.
I am doing my second challenge. I will update next month in case I end up in profit.

You are correct. Fyers has responded to my ticket as mentioned below.
You can enter the one more challenge once the existing challenge is completed…

@siva
we have got basket order and you should enable us to put multileg strategy through basket order which will provide hedge benefit.
Thats the clear cut solution for these mess you people are creting.

4 Likes

they provide max cap of 10 K as brokerage refunds.
i have received 8 times and it is counting.

2 Likes

Sensibull rejecting buy leg of the strategy, is this why we took all the pain to migrate to orbis.
Was able to place same order on kite that sensibull rejected as not allowed. Please do something for orbis accounts, they must be alllowed to place all legs on sensibull.

@siva This may have been addressed before. Just want to reconfirm - If i wanted to buy a a deep ITM strike - say 35000 CE. Since it would be blocked - Can I first sell a deep OTM strike like a 38500 CE in order to take this position? Consider market at 36000 and both above mentioned strikes are blocked due to OI restrictions.

No restrictions to ITM money buying.

No restrictions for selling.

Hi @siva , could you please help me with the below situation.

• Assume I have 5L margin
  • I want to take -5 x 15800PE, -5 x 15800CE in monthly
  • Margin required is little over 5L
  • Along with this I will buy +5 x 15000PE and +5 x 16600CE in weekly
  • Assume I execute above as LIMIT order and sell orders execute after a couple of minutes

Question 1: If I create a basket with above 4 positions, will all execute? or will the buy orders fail because there are no existing sell positions?
Question 2: If the buy will fail in above case, whats the suggested method to place the above trade?
Question 3: After the weekly expiry when my buy orders expire, how do I place new buy order? I cannot buy while existing ones are open (it will be blocked) and once existing close my margin will get over utilized and I won’t be able to buy new.

This is creating real issue even in genuine use cases, will appreciate if you can guide how do we trade such cases.

1 Like

Buy will fail if they are out of range if they are sent first, you can send sell call or put first followed by buy call or put, I mean in spreads.

Agree, no other way for this for now. Recommend to close existing longs and buy new one in small quantities so as to transit to next week, I am aware this may lead to placing another 4,5 more trades and can cost you 100 or so in additional brokerage but as mentioned this is the only way, don’t think we are doing this for generating more brokerage, actually we are freely giving away few of our clients to other brokers due to this OI restriction.

Thanks @siva and I am not worried about brokerage or Zerodha’s intentions :slight_smile: I am going by assumption that you have trader’s interest in mind and trying to work out the best solution given so much trade happening with zerodha which is causing OI limit issue.

How about increase the number of buys limit to double of sell? This will solve problems for option sellers. Look earlier traders were leaving zerodha because of OI limits, now some of them will stay because atleast they can buy hedge. Only those who have spare margins will stay. If you increase the number of lots that can be bought you may find some more traders staying as it handles most of the use cases.

breaking a strategy and placing multiple orders with lower lots is a pain but doable. Not able to buy at all because margin overshoots is a deal breaker.

@nithin what do you think about this middle ground?

2 Likes

If we have any chance of doing it we could have already done it, I can say we are packed. Trying various other things to increase the ranges, hopefully in coming weeks we should get some breather once SEBI take out limits which it has placed on institutions on the directional bets they can take on Indices last year to curb volatility.

1 Like

Yes, I would also want to double the sell if it is possible now or in the future. But I hardly believe that’s possible. Putting limit orders is the only solution to your question.

Today I am facing something very unusual. Something I have never faced before with Zerodha.

I have total PE SELL positions 10250 accros July and August.
My current PE BUY positions are 8750. This means I can buy at least another 1500 PE BUY available (10250-8750) if Open Interest Limits do not apply for Zerodha for a particular expiry and price. However, I am unable to buy EVEN A SINGLE far OTM PE in ANY EXPIRY AND PRICE.

So far I have tried 29 July 14500 PE. 29 Jul 14700 PE. 5th Aug 14500 PE. 12 Aug 14400 PE. and AUG month expiry 14800 PE. I am trying a single lot. Every order gives me the exact same error message that the OI limit is the issue. My friend has tried 14500 July 29th PE and it went through fine. How is this possible? Please can you check if something is wrong with my account?
@siva this seems really odd. Appreciate if you can have a look? I have created a ticket as well - #20210723192647

why people are arguing about OTM problem in zerodha , i already moved to 5 paisa in index selling . i have no problem at all i am also saving 50% brokerage , nice desktop software , i am going good in 5 paisa , all securities you can pledge , 2 years before itself the OTM problem is there in zerodha , just look at another broker ya

Is it possible to short otm ce and buy otm pe which are outside the allowed range?
Can a short ce allow a buy of otm pe?
Someone please guide…Thanks

@siva I can confirm that at the same time when @Fayaz was not able to buy his hedge, I was able to. I tested buying 1 lot and it worked.

@nithin sorry to tag you again on this issue but this is a very basic trade one needs to do. You must have seen so many posts where traders have actually moved out (including many of my friends) but rest of us love Zerodha :slight_smile: and want to stay. Can we get some clarity, are we the type of customers zerodha wants to retain? if yes, what are we doing to solve this issue. The clarity will help because there is no point both of us struggling :slight_smile: Whats your goal for Zerodha? What kind of customers do you want? Happy to share my trader id if that helps in evaluation :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey Amit, I hope you understand how painful it must be for a business to let go off customers. This unfortunately isn’t in our control. The only option we have is to get some large customers to move to Orbis (custodial/clearing), which they are but slowly. Also, we are hoping that SEBI will remove the Rs 500 crore max restriction on OI they have for institutional customers (this got added last March during Covid market meltdown). This OI restriction going up will increase overall OI in the markets significantly.

1 Like

Why not shift some big HNI customers to Zerodha securities pvt ltd instead of orbis (under zerodha broking limited)?

zerodhasecurities.com shows that new accounts are being opened on an invite only basis

You guys already have another membership which can help reduce pressure on OI restrictions in Zerodha broking ltd. What am I missing here?

@nithin

@Fayaz Are you saying you were not able to buy hedge for your existing short positions? Is Zerodha introducing unreasonable risk to retail traders. Anytime hedge can be denied and people will be left dangling naked by the neck? Not only financial risk, but loss of peace of mind and health.

We have to run that as a separate business, separate tech stack and all. Quite complex.

1 Like