Strike price is outside the allowed range

Yes I understand that and if you see number of buy is same as number of sell but still order won’t be executed because sell order is open.

1. One needs more margin when placing trades at Zerodha, because we have to first place all sell orders
  2. If we don’t have margin then we have to divide one trade into several smaller ones for eg sell 2 then buy 2 then sell 2 then buy 2.
  3. When sell order is there in the basket, system should allow buy order.

Right, we have been agreeing to that.

There is a possibility that in a basket order, after buy order is executed, the trader cancels sell order. If this can be restricted, basket order can be a solution for all traders.

@siva : If the trader cancels sell order, can we have an automated sell order at market price of existing open buy positions of equal quantity? This might be similar to what RMS team does when margin exceeds funds available.

[Ticket #20210713889277]-I have shorted 15800ce and I have to hedge by buying 16000ce system has not allowed to buy and this is happening everyday after 3pm your system doesn’t allow to buy the hedges. For hedging we can buy any strikes but then why this thing is happening everyday it doesn’t allow to buy in the far expiry also. And it’s been four days still no proper solution for this. @siva

Are you facing this now?

We can’t do this, it can be a compliance issue if we close from our end unless for margin shortfall.

Everyday the same problem if I call support they ask to take screenshot and say to create a ticket now I have created the ticket they are saying it’s taking much longer time to resolve the issue some blah blah blah things.

You can ping me next time it happens. I can check on spot.

can you tell if the following trade will work out or not.

Short 36900 CE
Long 37000 CE

Short and long are same qty. And short is placed before long.

Spot: 35200

It will work, provided you don’t have any longs in positions on that underlying.

Hi,
I was trying to adjust my Iron Condor put leg but couldn’t do it as i got the error about Strike Price.
I tried to do the following in Nifty yesterday:
Short 15600 PE
Long 15300 PE
Buy 16600 CE

I could only short 15600 PE, couldn’t do the rest because of the strike range error. The problem is once I execute Iron Condor, I can’t do any adjustments because of this issue.

We allow same number of shorts as longs, can you count total longs you are having to shorts irrespective of call/puts, you can also message me your id.

I have been trading with Zerodha for the past couple of years.

The need to sell an options before buying means you need to have lot of capital to undertake positions. Moreover it’s frustrating to break the order just to bypass margin shortfall notification. How simple would it be if you could just buy an option first and then sell later

Sooner of later folks like me who do both Option Selling/Buying would have to overlook the brilliant UI Zerodha has and move to other Brokers because of restriction in buying OTM options.

Suggestions;

• If Orbis is indeed your preferred option then please allow collateral pledging there as well, lot of traders would happily move. @siva

• You are the largest broker in the country, use your clout to negotiate with those in power to relax the rules on OI restrictions as long as it’s ethical and legal

I have been an happy Zerodha customer but now it’s getting too difficult to operate here.

Rajat

Attached are my current positions. I’ll try to buy 15300 PE tomorrow and update here if it’s working fine.

Yeah let me know if pledging will be allowed in Orbis in 1 to 2 months. If yes I can wait

Transferring demat holdings to another broker is not tough, but will be a one-way trip for me. Infact I am ready with the trusted BO on cdsl easiest.

@siva Any point in waiting?

Let me know if we have one short and one long of the same view can’t we buy the hedge for the opposite view. For example one short in 15800ce and one long in 15800pe can’t we buy the hedge for the short position here let’s say 16000ce as hedge. @siva

You won’t be able to buy 16000 CE, as you can buy options outside the allowed range only to the extent of quantity shorted.

Why can’t I buy the hedge here I have shorted 1lot of 15800ce and I can hedge it with any strike price even outside the range also ryt. 1lot of long 15800pe is with in the range only and both positions are in bearish view only 15800ce and PE. Does open interest restrictions work like one short and one long position whether it is hedged or not.

OI restriction is NSE policy for a broker, but not allowing one to buy more long than the shorts is Zerodha’s policy.

one short and one long position whether it is hedged or not.

Correct. Number of buys and sells should match, doesn’t matter which direction.

@siva - Couldn’t execute the order. I squared off 15600 pe.
After squaring off, I’d added in the basket:
Short 15800 PE
Long 15500 PE
But, the orders didn’t do through. Only short went through, I couldn’t add hedge. Even after the short is added, I’m unable to buy the hedge even now.
Could you please check? This is different from what you’d promised earlier.

1 Like