Sudden spike in niftynext 50 p/e

data from nse website shows sudden spike in nifty next 50 p/e from 35.56 on 13/12/2019 to 69.15 on 16/12/2019. any idea whats going on?

check for yourself https://www1.nseindia.com/products/content/equities/indices/historical_pepb.htm

I think they show the standalone PE and that’s why the distortions. You can check the index PE on Kite on the fundamentals widget

thanks for the reply, I was looking for historical PE fro nifty next 50, unfortunately that is not provided by kite

can we expect -400 points.

3days premium decay lol, suppose u got pe or ce at RS 40 ,what cud be the price at open if everything normal opening?

As a investor i have already fully deployed money. Post corona only blue chips like tcs hdfc bajaj fin maruthi etc

I am just going to forget and not going to average it. What if Nifty reaches 5000? No point in travelling with the bottom

does time decay occurs during market holidays also,
ie) if CE ltp 20 Rs, time decay -10, if i bought it on friday, (saturday and sunday is hoiday).
time decay works for those 2 days and when it opens on monday ltp will be 0 va.

Haha great replies , fine

1 Like

thanks a lot @Gautam
thanks for your kind explanation, i am just a beginner in options trading, your explanation was really useful to me.