Suggestions on Kite CO, BO Order Exit Challenges

Hi All,

Kite is a great Platform. I like the HTML5 Lightweight Design, I think Nithin’s vision have Materialized.

I just have a suggestion, Please let me know if you could consider it.

Does Zerodha have any plan to provide feature to exit the BO, CO Positions from the Positions Window itself rather than going to Order Book and Clicking the Exit on.
If you some persons relay on 3-5 Minutes Scalping, It is impossible to exit the Positions in a Good Profit.

It is very vital that we keep watching our PnL in the Scalping Position and quickly exit in fraction of second once the Move Favours us to 2-3 Points. I’m sure Many Pro Scalpers would have faced the issue.

What Happens if in reality is, Let’s say we have a Open CO and it has +1.4 PnL, If we exit the order the position window, We can grab the +1.4. but we have to go to the Orderbook by Clicking the link or Click Exit in the Position and then Again Exit in the Position, the PnL would have dropped to +0.5.

Or At Least it is a good idea to have PnL displayed in the Orderbook Also. so that we only have order book open and watch PnL and Exit from there only. Rather than switching between links.

3 Likes

Hi,
As a workaround you can use Pi which supports multiwindow. You can have the order book, admin position (which shows PnL) and charts in the same window. This way you don’t have to toggle between windows to exit a position and save time.

Multiwindow option is essential for scalping as it saves time. I request zerodha to provide multiwindow option in Kite also.

1 Like

I think its fairly simple to watch Depth of market and LTP to get an idea about how much profit or loss you are in during a live trade. Why do you even look at positions if you know the number of shares/lots you have bought.
Watching DOM will give you even better control at exit as you can see what prices are coming next.

I simply keep orderbook open with exit button activated and waiting on “yes” /“no”. Then i keep watching DOM to get the best exit.

1 Like

Hi Hari, Good Idea but I think, Squareoff is not permitted for CO & BO positions. If i’m not wrong, Even in Pi we need to go order book and Exit from the Opposite Pending Type.

1 Like

Actually the reason is, I mostly trade the Gaps in the first few minutes where every sub second matters. So at that Navigating and Observing DOM will be bit challenging. If I just keep an Eye and PnL is +4000 Just exit immediately without loosing any points.

but I think your idea will help me to an extent, I Will have the Exit button activated with “Yes/No” Button. Not sure, if the activated button works when we returned from the other window and click on it. Will definitely try this on Monday…
Cheers and Thanks.

You fix target and wanted to exit early ?

Then fix the target less it will exit automatically. Or use trailing stop loss limit activated. It will take care of profits.

The activated button works even if you come after navigating on different tabs.

Also , can i know how many simultaneous position do you open ??

Most of the During Scalping. I use to only have one or Max Two Positions.
I Tried DOM, I think, it does not help me much. Most of the Time I exit my position even before the Target.

for kite use extension given on chrome named as “Tab resize split screen layouts”… you can able to manage your windows just like given in pi. its not so user friendly at least for me. May zerodha came up with feature that rajan mention above and more like Is it possible to POPOUT MULTIPLY WINDOWs in pi?
thanks.

1 Like

Here the pain begins… wnen a BO order is placed & executed, it’s response orders get splitted in multiple orders & one need to modify each & every… at least in KITE this happens… if it can be done like, modify one order & all connected orders gets updated… :slight_smile: