Suppose I have 3 stocks of XYZ in T1 and 3 stocks in Quantity. If I sell 3 stocks which one will be sold T1 or Quanity?

Suppose I have 3 stocks of XYZ in T1 and 3 stocks of same XYZ in Quantity. If I sell 3 stocks which one will be sold T1 or Quanity?

Mainly asking because of DP charges.

1 Like

Stocks which are in demat will go first and later preference is given to quantity in T1 holding. So DP charges are applicable in this case.

2 Likes

But How this thing matters apart from curiosity ? Any ways it works in Queue Concept : First come first out.

Informative. Thanks

Well, FIFO doesn;t always works. Say, I have bought a stock with x quantiy 10 days back which are in my demat account now. Now, today I buy again y quantity of the same stock in CNC mode. After, some time if I sell by your FIFO logic, y quantity will be deducted from demat account but that’s not the case.

hi. Good one.
But if you are buying and selling on same day with tag CNC also it will be considered as intraday trade only.
Please reffer below Q…
http://tradingqna.com/36391/deliverd-trading

Can’t stock shown as t1 be sold first.
This is because of change in average price of holdings sold . For example o have 100 shares at price of 100 and after a month I buy 50 at 110 and sell them at 105 next day as a short term trade . But I want to see my holdings invested value and it’s return as it was before taking of other trade.

It is very much possible if you have non POA based demat account . you never have to give delivery of shares as your purchase of 50 shares and sell next day will be adjusted automatically ( usual risk as in all BTST trade ) hence no demat charges will be levied too.
but in POA based demat account as guided by @siva , first preference will be given to take out sold shares from demat so your purpose get defeated also has to bear dp charges.

1 Like

[quote=“sabkaview, post:8, topic:5971”]
It is very much possible if you have non POA based demat account . you never have to give delivery of shares as your purchase of 50 shares and sell next day will be adjusted automatically ( usual risk as in all BTST trade ) hence no demat charges will be levied too.
[/quote] @Prakhar_Agrawal

If it is POA based or not it has to do with method broker follows to account it, we follow FIFO method, so first in and first out.

ok got it means not all broker follow Fifo . it is broker specific . thanks for this information .