Swing Traders Pain for MTF (Margin Trading Facility) E-Margin

To begin with, MTF will be available with only cash margins, once we’ve stablized the process, we should be able to accept collaterals as margins for trading in the MTF segment.

4 Likes

Glad to hear, Venu.

Please include me for the MTF trial. I’m a swing/positional trader (equity delivery only). Holding account since 2013.

Excited to use this feature and would prefer this over Futures.

@VenuMadhav That’s a refreshing and a positive news coming on MTF.

I was actually one of your very first set of clients back in 2012 but has since switched because of lack of MTF and the lack of a good trading platform.

Now, using Dhan and ICICI Direct. Reopened my account with Zerodha again and hopefully start trading again once MTF is live.

1 Like

I also moved out in August to Mstock, but looking forward to coming back to zerodha on the release of MTF, if the benefits are similar.

1 Like

Hi, thats the issue I have also faced with Angel One however since I am a trader and move my shares frequently, the benefit outweighs this. The MTF facility and pledging of shares allows me to take a trade where I see a breakout and can make 10% to 15% gains in few days as I hold big quanity. Zero brokerage on delivery also helps in saving some cost. I agree the MTF has to be kept separate and wish they wouldnt offset it against the new cash margin.

How is Mstock’s platform and service ? The low interest on MTF is tempting!

Moved to Dhan because of MTF…would love to come back once Zerodha launces MTF.
Zerodha’s customer base will be doubled in no time after MTF implementation.

2 Likes

The platform is very basic and the customer support is also not good…but the profitability is much higher due to low interest rate and zero brokerage (if zero brokerage plan is bought)

Waiting for it. Please prepare a clear blog on how the thing will work & the charges to be paid later once the feature is released

2 Likes

Yes, I agree that it is already long awaited. MTF is a must for professional swing traders. @VenuMadhav has said that something on the MTF front would be announced before 31 March 2024 on my other MTF post. :slight_smile: Hopeful.

4 Likes

Any update on the MTF feature? Waiting for the launch

2 Likes

How can we get on the MTF beta? @VenuMadhav

I’ve moved to Dhan because of MTF, would switch to Zerodha in a heartbeat if you launch MTF.

2 Likes

Will announce here shortly, we will be taking on a very very small set of users considering the complexity of the project.

4 Likes

:raised_hands: - Intrested.

@VenuMadhav I’m interested for the beta too.

HI Please let us know if it still plan to launch MTF by this FY year

1 Like

Yes. Something before 31 March 2024 will be announced.

2 Likes

:sweat_smile:
Soon doesn’t mean so soon in zerodha’s terms

3 Likes