Switching to eNPS from SBI

Hi!

I recently opened a NPS Tier I account through SBI netbanking. It required quite a lot charges for account opening, and I later found out that every contribution will bear some charges.

Based on online information, the charges are NIL for eNPS. Is there any option to switch to eNPS? Or, once opened with SBI, is that permanent?

I tried to search about it, and a lot of sites suggest that there should be a “Shift to eNPS” option after logging in to NSDL CRA, but I don’t see any such option anywhere. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

1 Like

If you use SBI to make contribution to NPS, the charges for each 10,000, my account was debited with 10,030. Once I did 20,000 and charges was 59.

I later found out that you can do contribution from eNPS website. Try this option. Go to eNPS, log in and click on contribution and take it forward. This way the charges is marginal.

Disclaimer: Do a sample transaction and check please.

3 Likes

I found this, and my understanding was even if I contribute through eNPS, there will still be some charges for my POP (in this case SBI) per transaction and annually.

http://www.npstrust.org.in/content/charges-under-nps

But thanks for your suggestion. I’ll try a small transaction to test it out.

Update:

This is the note from eNPS portal:

POP Trail Commission will be applicable on the contribution amount @ 0.10% (subject to minimum of ₹ 10 and maximum of ₹ 10,000 per transaction). This charge will not be applicable for subscribers registered in eNPS through Aadhaar.

So, by investing from this instead of SBI directly, charge rate reduces from 0.25% to 0.10%, but still positive. So, if someone know whether it’d be possible to switch, that’d be great.

Hi Yarnabrina,

Did you find the solution? I have opened the NPS account from ICICI net banking. I am also serching way to shift to eNPS. Let me know if you or anyone here have any option for this.

Thanks

Register for D-Remit feature for your NPS account so you can avoid POP transaction charges and also get same day NAV.

More details:
https://npscra.nsdl.co.in/nsdl-deremit/

Register:
https://cra-nsdl.com/CRAOnline/VirtualIdCreation.html

1 Like

I did not find a solution, so at least for the current year, had to bear the transaction charges. Will try @rupeshmandal’s suggestion in next FY.

Could not find any part in the linked site saying about zero POP charges. If you don’t mind, can you please share the screenshot of the highlighted section, or highlight in any other way?

Switching to eNPS option was removed and POP charges are now been deducted in D-Remit too

I tried to to remove my POP Kotak
Or Cancel the Mandate/E Nach/Auto Debit

But Branch Employees were also not able to find any Nps Auto Debit On My Account
Searced on Net Banking too but still can’t find any Option

But still Money is Getting Debited from my account every Month and goes to NPS

Any Other way To Close the Mandate/SIP through NSDL Website or HDFC Pension fund?

Did you try this on kotak netbanking/ mobile banking to check details of active mandate NACH details?

On Net Banking:

1. Login to Net Banking
  2. Go to Service Request
  3. Select Account Related → use NACH Cancelation option (active NACH will be shown)

On Mobile Banking:

1. Login to Mobile Banking
  2. Go to Service Request
  3. Select Account Related ->use NACH Cancelation option (active NACH will be shown)

Tried Everything on Kotak Netbankimg+Mobile Banking
Even Branch Manager wasn’t able to find any Nach/SI/Auto debit

Any other Option to stop this Sip @sufimonks

I am sorry… I invest on lumpsum basis in NPS. I was just trying to help. I have often hit a wall wrt such queries when it comes to NPS. Even my RM at ICICI Bank wasn’t able to help me when my funds didn’t get credited for over 2 wks. There is just not enough information available on NPS queries. Sometimes i feel its an abyss - a blackhole.

Try writing a mail to kotak customer service or you can write to: [email protected]

But expect delayed response.

As you know NPS accounts are handled by 2 service provider.

1. NSDL
  2. KFINTECH

So now comming to point to make payment without any charges.
So you need to check the process suggest on NSDL user on with below link.
https://npscra.nsdl.co.in/nsdl-deremit/

The same process you follow in KFINTECH also, once you login into account and signup to Dremit.
In KFINTECH you also make payment using the UPI handle with 0 charges.

I am using the KFINECH and it allow using virtual account and UPI handle to topup your account without any charge.

As mentioned into NSDL page they allow using virtual account, but I think they only allow it using net banking now, you need to confirm the same from the NSDL, becuase both services use axisbank as banking partber.

so they also have option to add funds using UPI.

Thanks

Please note: ‘Shift to eNPS’ functionality is now disabled as per PFRDA circular PFRDA/17/01/03/0001/2017-SUP-CRA-Part(3). Therefore, as per the PFRDA guidelines, subscriber registered under eNPS can migrate or shift his/her PRAN to any other POP but the subscriber (who is already mapped to POP) can’t migrate to eNPS.