Taking a personal loan for Trading funds

By seeing your screenshots I can say that you don’t have risk management in place.

You loss is 5 times of your wins.
Work on this first.

2 Likes

if you manage to turn 1lakh into 1crore then you can take loan equal to 5 or 10% of your capital. trading purely with Borrowed capital will not end well.

also once i read somewhere that we are not allowed to use personel loan for trading.

3 Likes

That’s interesting, I was thinking to get a loan as I mostly do option selling and that require large capital.

However to OP - I agree with below comments from @VarunG regarding taking loan to recover your losses, and same thing is preventing me to go to that route.

I won’t mind getting a loan at 3-5% though as that won’t build that much pressure which a 20% of loan could. :crazy_face:
I was checking if I can get gold loan for 3-5% but it looks like they are also around 8% or so.

If you are repaying 7.5k per month, your interest calculation is totally wrong.

1 Like

Well, i read it as follows…

• A 75K loan.
  • 20% annual interest on it = 15K.
  • Total repayment (principal + interest) in a year = 90K.
  • 12 monthly EMI installments of 7.5K each = 90K.

Yes, IRR maybe different / much higher,
but this is how EMI-loans are pitched to end-users
to make the interest-rate seem lower than what it actually is, right?

Also add innocent sounding “processing fees” on top
and one is minting money providing such loans to unsuspecting folks.

2 Likes

It’s done by some finance companies who say interest rate of only 2 percent.
Once my neighbour bought a two wheeler financed by Bajaj finance and told me interest is only 2 percent. I calculated and told him it works out to be 13.8percent on annualised basis. That’s how much of difference it makes.

Here if it’s 15percent, it’s much much higher. And I don’t think the person posting this actually understands.

Edit: you have edited your post and calculated actual interest rate. Well 41 percent. And he is gonna generate so much from markets? I hope he does. :love_you_gesture:

In my opinion, one shouldn’t take loan for option buying.

Personally, I haven’t took loan for buying but I am thinking for do for option selling. Option selling by nature requires more money due to margin but it has higher profit probability.

I don’t like Personal loans, the EMI headache and hidden charges and you have to bear that for 2-3-5 years. Hell no.

A better loan is overdraft loan. You can google it’s benefits, but a good thing about it is you pay for what you use. You get a limit of let’s say 10 lakhs. You withdraw 1 lakh, pay emi on 1 lakh. If you do good, withdraw 2 lacs next day, pay emi on 3 lakhs.

The best part, if you realize trading is not for you after 2 weeks, simply return the remaining money, close the outstanding amount and stop giving EMI from 2nd week.

Hope this helps.

1 Like

Is this the ‘Parody’ section? :thinking:

1 Like

Excuse me ,I don’t understand what you guys are putting it here. They way the intrest percentage laid on is inaccurate imo. In actuality, he is only paying 1.25% per month as the interest. Rest is he is returning the opening balance which he borrowed. Am I missing something :crazy_face:

2 Likes

When modelled in these terms - “Each EMI = partly interest payment, and partly principal repayment”
here’s how to look at it to understand how the higher interest rate is being hidden.

In any given month, having returned part of the total loan amount,
in subsequent months if one continues to pay the same amount as interest,
then the rate-of-interest for the subsequent months is now higher.

1 Like

Okay :+1:
But isn’t just one side of the coin. He get to use the 75k for entire year. Yet he can repay that back in longer tenure , by the time the value he repays gets depreciated significantly.
Above all that, he still has 75k to trade for the entire year.

I know I may sound like the bank. But is it another way of analysing it ?

1 Like

This is how interest is calculated in banks and top nbfc. if rate is 20% we will end up paying only 11.1% if tenure is 1yr, as interest rate calculated on remaining balance not from loan amount. if anyone paying interest for already paid emi should be scam.

2 Likes

No.
The borrower doesn’t have 75K for the entire year
as they are making partial principal repayment each month.

In the above scheme, one has to agree that,

• either the borrower is paying 41% RoI.
  • or the borrower is paying interest even on principal that they have already repaid back to the lender.
1 Like

If he is making losses then I agree with this view.
But what about the profit he can make with the 75k. If he is making atleast 3% ,he is making 3X of the interest he paid.

Banks and entities work like that way. But individual money lending is on the basis of principal amount and sometimes they take back interest in advance and then they give the remaining amount to us… at least in my state.

1 Like

Those are two separate points.

1 Like

I’ve heard about that too, a total scam as how can interest be demanded on the money you’re not actually getting? The interest shall be levied on the after-interest-cut amount.

Yes. Two sides of the coins

You just don’t understand how interest works. Do you?
Let me try once by one extreme example.
Let’s say you get a loan of 1cr at 1 percent interest per annum. But terms of repayment is that you have to repay 99,99,999 on the very next day and remaining 1 rupee you have to pay after one year.
At the end of the year you have to pay 1 rupee back along with 1 percent of one crore as interest. That is 1,00,001. Does it make sense to you?

1 Like