Tax filing and audit


i have rental and agriculture income less than 2 lakhs.

Last year filed f&o loss with audit.

This year also loss but turnover is below 1 cr.

Have to carry forward this and past few years losses.

Is audit required?
Which form to file ?



The applicability of tax audit can be checked based on turnover, number of transactions and amount of loss.

Further, if you want to claim losses of this financial year, tax audit is compulsory. If tax audit is applicable:

  1. Prepare and file Financial Statements i.e. BS and P&L
  2. Prepare and file ITR-3
  3. Prepare and file Tax Audit Report (3CB-3CD)

If you need further assistance regarding ITR filing and Tax Audit, you can write to me on


any prompt CA can pls leave number to contact.


If your other income is less than 2.5 Lacs ( Below taxable limit) you dont require Audit but you shall file return before due date



Quicko can help you with your income tax return and tax audit. You can connect with us on 7575831310 or

If you want to schedule a call with a CA from our team, drop in your contact details.


if you want to carry forward this year’s loss, You need to file audited returns.

1 Like

Thanks Mr.Balamurugan for concise answer.

What if small profit this year…
And loss in previous years ?