[Tax filing] Do I need to get tax audit?

Hi,
I am little confused with taxation. There is one clause which says, if you are under taxable limit, have turnaround less than 2cr and have made profit less than 6% and then you need to get audited. This is confusing.

I am a freelancer. My income comes under taxable limit. I have turnaround (Intraday) of Rs 210.50 and loss of 104.50 in the previous financial year. So, turnaround is less than 2cr and have made profit less than 6%. Do I have to get tax audit?

I have paid taxes on my freelance income (TDS) but it sounds crazy to get tax audit in my case. Please correct me if I have interpreted clause incorrectly.

Like to hear it from salaried professionals who also trade in intraday. How do you file your returns? Do I have to use ITR4 in my case? Please elaborate with examples.

talk to a tax consultant,

i can just say you need no audit for this nominal digits.

You can merge all Income while IT return and if you adds up both the income ie trading + Freelancing your profit will be more than 50 Lacs ( Professional Income ) or 2 Crore (business Income ) . Audit wont require if you meet the criterion. File the Return with true earning after clear workings.

Hi

I mailed on Apr 14th u regarding opening LLP in Hyderabad. No reply yet.
You should really improve ur quality of service.

Hello Mr Som,

We are not in receipt of any email from you on 14th April . It will be great if you can forward the same. Will look into the same

tax audit not needed

So, its like sum total of all the income, even if its salaried income. Add all income, then it should be more than 6% of the turn around. Am I correct ?

Now while filing ITR4, I will keep income from freelance under salary and -104 loss in the speculative business. I haven’t seen ITR4, does it have column for turnaround and profit/loss?

Business & professional Income can be added. You can add freelance and trading. You cant add up Salary, rent , capital Gains etc

1 Like

Thanks for providing clarity on the matter. As you can see the amount, turnover is meager. Should I file ITR1 or go for ITR4. Will there be a problem if I file ITR1 this year ?

you can file ITR 4 declaring income including trading than ITR 1