Team Zerodha, you slide new features without making any noise ๐Ÿ˜‹

So, a few weeks ago I (and probably many of us) requested widgets for Kite!
And bam! Team Zerodha has developed the first widget and slid it silently through an update without making any noise :heart_eyes: :fire:
I found this while I was searching for some other widgets, otherwise, I could never have found out about this widget๐Ÿ˜‚

PS: The amounts mentioned in the widgets are just representative. Itโ€™s not my portfolio :joy::joy:

4 Likes

wow! this is so cool.
How did find this ? Just randomly got over widgets menu ?
Such things must be informed before.

2 Likes

Yeah, I was searching for other widget.
Besides that, they didnโ€™t mention about widget in the Whatโ€™s New section of Play Store as well.
I thought, itโ€™s just regular maintenance update and bug fixes :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

We now have Kite widget on Android only, one can opt it from tapping โ€™ i โ€™ button we get on long press on Kite app, chooose widget and add it, as shown below,

โ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒโ€ƒ

โ€ƒ

Kite widget can also be dedicatedly added from widgets menu on the homescreen of the device.
Choose widgets menu >> search for Kite and add it as shown below,

โ€ƒ โ€ƒ โ€ƒ โ€ƒ โ€ƒ โ€‚

โ€ƒ

Note:

1. Kite widget gives brief information about Total P&L, Invested and Current value, Todayโ€™s P&L only and gets updated once in an hour.
  2. One has to have active session on Kite App for this widget to work.
2 Likes

@siva , @Nakul
I found a bug on that widget,
The pic shows 45L investment and current value as 65.24L but PnL says 12.54K and not a value with L.
I understand that itโ€™s for sample purpose, but still it has to be correct.
Thanks

or in the pic its showing total Pnl and todayโ€™s pnl as the same thing.

The numbers on the screenshot are not real one, you can add it with your id and check. Widget just imitates Kite Appโ€™s holding page numbers.

3 Likes

Thank you Avinash ji for the detailed process of adding the widgetโœŒ๐Ÿฝ
I forgot to do so due the excitement about the widget :joy::joy:

positions P&L is missing in there. Good for F&O traders.

2 Likes

Cannot able to see this?