That's how I deal with the SPAM calls. And you?

I report them to my mobile provider on their DND form, and have gotten more than a few disconnected this way.

2 Likes

There is nothing worse than spam calls and emails. You can control the email situation but calls is different. It is a nice idea to record the audios. People like me get angry at that time but when you think about it later, you just stand there and laugh. What do you do later? Laugh or stay angry?

I just put the number in the call blocker app. I have more than 100 numbers blocked. List is still growing.

Is there any app that can block all calls staring with +91 731 , instead of individual numbers?

Yes, you can do that. The one i have is Calls Blacklist PRO - Call Blocker by Vlad Lee. I am not sure if the free version has that option. I got so pissed off with the spam calls i bought the pro version without thinking.

1 Like

Savage this is!

Now you got some ideas, maybe :smiley:

Oh my god! I didnā€™t even knew that we can do this. Till now, I just used to cut the phone. But it seems like that can be a very good source of fun. Ohh! I am waiting for next such call and I will rock.:joy::joy:

Depending on my mood, I do one of the following two things

Option 1:
Caller - Sir, Iā€™m calling from XXXXXXXX. Do you trade in equitiy/commodities?
Me - No
Caller - Ok sir. Sorry. Have a nice day (cuts the call)

Option 2:
Caller - Sir, Iā€™m calling from XXXXXXXX. Do you trade in equities/commodities?
Me - Yes. Can you please hold-on for a second?
Caller - Sure
I keep the mobile aside without cutting the call and get on with my work. Caller holds for 1 to 10 minutes and then cuts the call.

There is an amazing app called Truecaller which can help you in this cause. Just report the number and put it on block. You canā€™t blame the callers as well. They are just doing their job. I know that it sounds political incorrect but they are making a livelihood in this way.

1 Like

Donā€™t use True Caller. Its a biggest spam application.

User TRAI DND 2.0 Application for complaining Call and SMS.

You got to be more innovative. Me and a friend of mine, when we get calls regarding trading we start talking. We tell them that we give Futures and Options Calls with 50k assured profit and ask them whether they would be interested.
We donā€™t get calls for 15-20 days after that. :stuck_out_tongue:

Roflā€¦:joy::joy::joy:

Seems like now the Bloody Indori scammers have got more rampant.

I would like to request all of you traders to download DND 2.0 and immediately report such numbers. It is quite effective as much as I have observed.

Letā€™s make this trading world a better place, free from scammers :blush:

:rofl::rofl: Would be a great podcast!!!

This might actually be true. My spam calls have reduced from the time I stopped using Trucaller. :thinking:

Why your accent is like bhojpuri?? Do you belong to bihar??

Nowadays I get all calls from Bangalore

Really? Now that you have highlighted it, I feel that it is trueā€¦not sure though

Do you really get SO much spam calls that it need to be dealed like that ? That's for sure usual tactic but I always listen to that small guy. Maybe it's just cold calling and it's his job. I see you do not care so do I, but I am trying to be polite each time I do that.

1 Like

Haha nice thread. Different people respond to spam calls and emails differently. Its interesting how these people persist even after you snob them. As for me, I just hang up and continue will my normal business. Thatā€™s how those spammers pay their bills, so they have to be there, you only need to be smarter than them