The new margin pledge system — effective Aug 1, 2020

Yes, you have to unpledge first and next day only you can sell, though they are in your demat we don’t show them on kite if they are pledged.

2 Likes

In the zconnect blog, @Matti mentioned that in the new system, there wont be any limit of 2 lac per scrip when pledging.

I tried to pledge a scrip of more than 3 lac.
I get an error “Failed to pledge/unpledge: You cannot pledge more than Rs.200000 for the same instrument. You are exceeding it by Rs.100959.4912”.

Also, if I pledge less than 2 lac, I didnt receive a mail from CDSL to confirm the pledge. Is the new system active?

@siva please confirm the new system in console is live or not , you confirm the approved script list will be on weekend , but not yet seen anything

We will be running new pledge system from next monday, till that time old system works.

1. @siva, any reason for the delay? Asking because there are many traders like me whose majority trading amount is tied up in Liquid Funds, so it would be nearly impossible to switch over in one go & have amount left over for day trading as well. Please try to get this running at the earliest so that there are at least two weekends to switch over to the new system. CC: @nithin

2. Also, when we eventually do switch over, it’ll take total 2 days right (Day 1- Unpledge, Day 2- Re-pledge, Day 3- funds available)? Or is there any scenario that it might take less time than that? Because if there is, point (1) might still be okay.

Issue with CDSL APIs, not from our end.

Yeah, likely no changes to above.

Ah…my bad…

I unpledged two of my liquid funds last friday hoping to pledge again today using new pledge system. Now that it is postponed, I had created pledge again of those two funds today. I hope, i will get collateral margin tomorrow.

Loss of time looking for updates on this and some amount of money :frowning:

So next time, something like this happens i have to just wait and watch and not be proactive :smiley:

1 Like

I hold shares in a beneficiary account held with an other broker. Can i DIRECTLY pledge those shares with out moving them to MY beneficiary account held with zerodha? @siva @nithin

Not allowed for now.

1 Like

I was proactive to move to new system and unpledged all my shares for 1st and did not take any fno positions.

Now since it is postponed I want to re-pledge but Console is not showing those scripts or maybe will take another day to show up. Overall will take longer for me to take new fno positons…

Why?

You can check today, likely from next week we go live with new system.

Will get mail or initimation to unpledge and re pledge

Yes, you will be notified by email once new pledging mechanism is live.

@siva Is the new pledging system active now?

When trying to pledge today, I saw this new message: This pledge is being created in the name of Zerodha Broking Limited

Does this mean the new system is active now?

Not yet, likely from next week.

I believe siva has clearly told this is likely to be live from next week.

But i read an article in moneycontrol stating the difficulties in this implementation. Not sure about the correctness for the article though.

Right, we are ready but due to depository issues it is delayed, hoping by next week it should be sorted.

1 Like

Our Indian technology are useless , because already SEBI told the new mechanism from june after is extended to AUG , 7 month depository facing tough to implement what a joke . give this project work to TCS or Infosys to the project , i think these project given to government owned IT company thats a problem

Even in motilal and sharekhan and icici we no need to pledge , but the margin they will provide automatically they are far better then others

@siva, will the system go live tomorrow 10.08.2020?

@siva @ShubhS9
Pls let us know exactly when will the new pledging be active need to plan trades accordingly since I had already unpledged before 1st aug after reading your announcement.

I personally had to skip trading last week due to misinformation from you/CDSL

1 Like