The new margin pledge system — effective Aug 1, 2020

rightly said

1 Like

Since we’ve to role out this out at scale, we’ve to make this integrate our backoffice with Depository APIs. There have been several iterations with frequent changes being made to the APIs by the Depositories, we’re in touch with them. We are hopeful of releasing the new pledge system by this week.

any update on this please? When does the new pledge system go live? Just want to esnure we have sufficient time to migrate…

Likely this week.

1 Like

I’m also waiting since long for the new system to go live ASAP.

@siva-reddy Enabling GTT for CDS will improve volumes. There are many who would trade CDS more often if GTT is enabled for the segment. kindly, consider enabling GTT.

Yes, will allow in few weeks.

1 Like

Sincerely hope that as a leader in low-cost, Zerodha also reduces pledging fees from currently Rs 60 (+ gst) per scrip to around Rs 15 - 20 (+gst) (as charged by Angel) or lower.

Now that the new margin does not require any movement of share transfer from client’s account to collateral pool account, it minimises the need for extra book-keeping, I dont see any reason for a higher pledging fees going foward

@siva-reddy

Can you provide me any link where it says they charge 20rs?

rachit,

please provide a link to @siva-reddy that shows that Angel charges Rs 20 for pledging. My google search shows that it charges Rs 25 for pledge creation on marketing sites such as chittorgarh

many thanks

I mailed Angel Customer Service regarding Charges for Pledge creation and got a PDF for DP Charges whose SnapShot is attached,…

Charges are Rs 20 per Scip…not Rs 25 …See the Snapshot of Angel Website…

Any updates @siva-reddy? Sorry for the repeated questions, but was hoping it’ll go live today

this is email i received last week , motilal oswal revoked POA before submitted from the account , they are now in new pledging system working fine …

zerodha not yet sended email

2 Likes

@siva-reddy anything will happen this week , all brokers are already implemented , only zerodha is pending , at least upload a securities of mutual fund approved scrip for pledging , so i can invest in the mean time after i will go for pledge ,

No, still there are minor issues from participants, should go live early next week.
Not sure about others but still all the issues are not resolved, not with us but from clearing corporations.

@siva-reddy

1. Can you throw light on how the transition from the old system to the new system will work? Will there be a disruption in trading? If the currently pledged securities will get unpledged and move back to the demat account of the traders and need to be re-pledged by the traders in the new system, what will happen to the existing open positions during this transition?

2. Which securities can be pledged in the new system and what would be the haircut on each? Is this the same as the existing list or will there be a change?

3. What would be the pledge charges in the new system?

I could not get a clear understanding of these points from the thread above, hence grateful if you could clarify.

1 Like

Received this from Sharekhan today. Interestingly, it says that ‘After authentication, it will take a maximum of 60 minutes for the limit to reflect in your Sharekhan account’, which I think means that it’s nearly real time pledging. On Zerodha, it’ll take one day for the margins to show in one’s account after pledging.

Can you please share the list of mutual funds and stocks that can be pledged in new system

Also what’s considered as cash equivalent now

Can we also pledge gov securities in new system