Time of credit of shares in demat account

I have purchased mindtree shares on 24th of June. As per t+2 settlement the shares will be credited today. As L&T is taking over mindtree I have surrendered these shares via console. The last date is 28th Jun 2019.

As zerodha will be accepting shares for takeover upto 6PM today I wanted to know that by that time my shares will be available in demat or not.

I have raised query on support but request is closed without looking into my issue.

Regards

1 Like

Shares purchased on 24 June are due for credit by evening of 26 June as per t plus 2 settlement . Mindtree open offer will close at 3 pm on 28 June and you can very well offer these shares .

Thanks. I understand zerodha will not be accepting orders beyond 6 PM on 27th Jun. Hence shares should be in demat before 6 PM.

today is 26 June . the shares will be in your demat by say 5-6 pm . you can offer on 27 June.

Thanks

@nithin @siva YOU MAY PLEASE GUIDE MORE to @skkediaa

@Nakul, Can you please check.

As explained by @sabkaview, the shares get credited to your demat account on the evening of T+2 i.e., 26th June in your case. The order was collected till 27th June 6 PM. Since the shares would have already been there in your demat, your order should have been placed successfully and you should have received an email and sms confirmation for the same.

1 Like

In Varsity, it is said that the clearing and settlement take place at 11 am on T+2 day.

Is there a section in Kite or Console where I can see whether the shares have actually credited to my DEMAT account or not? Iā€™m not talking about Holdings as Holdings will show the shares even before they are credited to DEMAT. I would like to see the actual DEMAT account status. This is to ensure that I have the shares in my DEMAT account before I can trade them on T+2 day.

1 Like

Hey @Singer_Shower, CDSL has an online service called Myeasi on which you can register, view and keep track of your demat holdings. Do go through this support article for more.

2 Likes