Timeframes for support and resistance or any other TA

Hello folks…

trying to understand what should be the right approach or what you guys usually do.

how do you decide which time frame to set for chart on screen to do S/R analysis or any other TA relevant analysis.? like, in the attached screenshot(shamelessly took it from Wikipedia), chart shows ‘Aug 2001’ to ‘June 2006’', what is the rational here.? if i choose different time frames(not talking about daily/1m/5m time frames of candles) sometimes support/resistance values vary or i may find different patterns which may change my initial view. whats the best way to decide this? i usually keep 6 months daily candles on screen. would like to know reasoning from your side and some tips on choosing right time set for analysis, if possible.

TA Learner here. I tried searching before posting, unfortunately couldn’t find any. Thanks in advance.

I believe it depends on the trading style, scalpers can use 1 min to 5 min, intraday traders may be from 1 to 30 mins, swing traders may be more higher time frames, investors may use daily or weekly or even monthly timeframes. So, it depend on what kind of trader you are.

Thanks Siva. I presume you are talking about time frame of candles/bars. But what I am looking at is ’ time span’ used in a chart. Like in my attached example it is intraday candle for aug 2001 to June 2006., Here how do you decide 2001 to 2006 is better? I see different picture and outcome if I change it to 2002 to 2008. Asking about this logic. Hope I explained clearly.