Trading apart - unauthorised transactions

Today on 9.30 Am , when i was busy in selecting a best trade opportunity, my mobile alerted for message for 3 times. I got OTP by IPPB for AEPS services without registering.
I surprised because i never tried to register on any web/app, but got OTP for 3 times.
anybody know about this? I think any hackers, online fraudsters are doing new scam related to UPI by indian post office bank payment service? Looks like this scam is similar to olx, paytm frauds.
I have twitted to IPPB & UPI , & waiting for their reply.
Thought to post here, to get more info & alert to others.
One point i want mention here that, recently i have entered detials on cowin website, may be the hacker got the data from cowin server. If really any hacker got data on cowin server, then many privacy of many peoples is at risk.

1 Like

After reading these stories I think it’s time to remove my card details from all sites.
Guys any idea how to remove my credit card details from AWS site? Whenever I try it says I need to add another to remove existing one. Support team is also saying same thing.

• Do not save your card details in any website like amazon etc where you make a payment with it. They will store it in their cloud and that’s where the danger begins.
  • Do monitor App permissions in your mobile.
  • Opt for 2FA where ever possible. TOTPs are better than SMS verification.
  • Do change your passwords once in a while.
  • Monitor all your account statements once in a while.
  • Try to avoid online wallet payment service.
  • Subscribe for data breach alert service and immediately change all your passwords when there was a data breach in some companies. (recent example - Dominos).

Kindly add any more points that you think is imp.

Another one:

Do not reuse passwords. That makes it very easy for a hacker to take over all your accounts.

Also, I check this site for to determine, when, where and what data of mine was breached. I do this for my family every 3 months, and if breached, change all the passwords, cancel cards associated with the data breached.

https://haveibeenpwned.com

1 Like

Also @NewUser123 , The one by mozilla is also useful → https://monitor.firefox.com/
You can also subscribe for mail updates, they will send an email if there were any data breach.

1 Like

Cool, didn’t know that. Thanks

1 Like