Trading in MIDCAPNIFTY

Quantity Freeze limits and the client-wise position limits are different.

The quantity freeze limits how much quantity you can buy or sell in a single order.

The client-wise position limit is the number of quantities one can hold. This is set at 5% of the overall Open Interest limit by the exchanges. You can learn more about this here: What are Open interest limits?

Yes I know that
Check the freeze quantity - 5500

I think it had to be 5475

Got it. It is as per the limit prescribed by the exchange. You can check it here.

Give it some time. By September end we should have enough liquidity

you are counting on the Rs2000 notes coming back?

Super move in 7600 PE. Made almost 8x from swing low

Swing low to swing high, nice. aaj ki shaam aap ki naam.

1 Like

Lol. No connection. It’s just that it takes time for liquidity to increase.

1 Like

Key Points

• Very good in MIDCPNIFTY participation today.

• FINNIFTY took 20 expiry days to reach 1.7 lakh contracts traded where as MIDCPNIFTY did the same in 4 expiry days

• Most traded strike has around 50 L volume which is very good considering MIDCPNIFTY’s nascent stage

3 Likes

Right now it’s too early for me to contribute to OI. I am more of an OTM seller.
Few more months and I will be in.

Also the contracts traded that you have mentioned is only on expiry day or the entire expiry week? How is the liquidity on other days?

Almost Zero on other days

But n the long run. As midcap index always outperforms nifty index. Even midcp options will outperform nifty/bnf.

So Wednesday’s will be more juicier than Thursday’s :rofl::rofl:

Too early to say that. At least for next two years I do not think this is going to happen. Liquidity comes in when big funds hedge their positions. So unless they have huge positions in mid cap it won’t be as liquid as nifty.
Volatility might be higher. We are seeing that with bank nifty and finnifty anyways.

1 Like

you mean the options premium will be higher ?

1 Like

I guess he meant as in opportunities and volatility

1 Like

Key Points

• Two ATM crossed 10 Million Contracts

• FINNIFTY took 29 expiry days to reach 6.2 lakh contracts traded where as MIDCPNIFTY did the same in 5 expiry days

1 Like

There is huge need of 25 distance strikes.

Change of expiry days is really working very well for nse. Before bse moves one of its expiry to Monday, nse should move bank nifty.

2 Likes