Trading in Orbis financial through zerodha

Getting this checked.

Thanks for the help. My CP code has been generated successfully. I have withdrawn all balance from my Zerodha account on Monday however it’s still in progress. Every time I communicate with customer care they say it’ll take 24/48 hours every time but its already four days. I may miss the great uptrend movement (Budget announcement and US election) on upcoming session and I don’t have/trade using other brokers. So I request you kindly please make the final process ASAP.

AA2634

1 Like

Can you give me ticket number?

I can see reply to your ticket, I informed team and you should get a call or email in a day or two.

1 Like

Pls do not delete my post

zerodha says Since the OI position is too high ; they are recommending to switch to Orbis , if we want to trade in contracts with out the “strikes restriction” .

BUT , i wonder ; how will this make the difference ? because ORBIS is not the broker himself .
Orbis is just the clearing member only .

The broker is the same i.e. Zerodha (irrespective whether i trade with zerodha directly or i trade with zerodha via the orbis route )

Then , how will the OI limit restriction will get resolved ?

@ShubhS9 @siva

(1) may i know the reason ?
(2) if this is so then ; can we open in orbis for the cash equity derivative f&o and can we open in zerodha directly to trade in currency derivative f&o ?

i know orbis is not the broker , but the clearing member only . BUT , my payout and payin will happen with the Orbis account only . So , just , curious to ask : (in case of any mishap) .
just like i have investor protection fund of 25 lakhs from sebi/exchange ; in case of any default by the broker ;; do i also have the protection in case of any default by the orbis ?

@mohitmehra

The OI restriction is applicable per clearing member. Since the trades are being cleared through Orbis, the OI isn’t attributed to Zerodha.

1. Currency derivatives is a separate segment and requires a CP code to be assigned (like the CP code assigned for F&O). Separate ledgers are maintained for each segment, which may cause operational difficulty while liaising with the custodian (Orbis). We’re working on enabling this for clients who trade both segments.

2. No, there are operational challenges around this.

The note on NSE’s website makes the mention of claims being accepted in event of default of “members”. In this case, the broker and custodian are members of the stock exchange and clearing corporation respectively.

2 Likes

If this is so then why zerodha is having problem with OI restrictions as a broker ? Is zerodha also a clearing member ?

you mean to say that since the custodian (orbis) is the member of the clearing corporation BUT not the member of the stock exchange ; the investor protection fund claims will not protect us and is not available to the orbis clients , in case of any default by the orbis ?

A stockbroker is required to settle their trades through a clearing member. For the F&O segment, they can either settle the trades themselves (like Zerodha does) or appoint a professional clearing member to settle the trades.

The Guarantee Fund of the clearing corporation provides for compensation in the event default of clearing members:

Further, there are only 18 custodians registered in India and have to undergo very stringent reporting compliances. Generally, big investors (such as FIIs, FPIs, hedge funds, etc.) make use of the services of a custodian.

2 Likes

Does this has any max.limit cap ? Just like the way investor protection fund has cap of 25 lakhs per account per broker?

is signing 1 Cr net worth form is compulsory. I don’t have 1 Cr net worth.

What should i do ???

I have 2 questions on this topic. Request feedback:

1. Can I open a new Zerodha Account directly with Orbis to avoid transfer procedure from Zerodha to Orbis?

2. I understand that we can trade only F&O with Orbis linked zerodha account. In this can we get the facility of GTT orders in F&O which we have presently in Classic Zerodha account?

@siva request reply

I am facing an issue with orbis, and no one is coming forward to sort it out. I placed a withdrawal request on 28th January, till now it is not credit nor my 60 day challenge figure is updated, so I placed a fresh withdrawal request again. When will I get my money credited to my bank account? My ticket number is- 20210201779882. Please look into it asap. I can’t wait for my money to credit in my bank account after 1-2 weeks timeframe.

Is it really required to show proof that you have 1 cr networth ? Can’t a person with say 20lakhs migrate to orbis to avail no OI restrictions benefit ?

1 Like

Having this checked. Will have the team respond at the earliest. The funds will be received one day post the request is processed subject to sufficient funds being available in your account.

Can I get f&o margin in INTRADY after September 2021 sebi peak Margin rule applicable? and if I get than how much Margin I get in INTRADY in orbis account?

From September 1st, 2021, there will be no intraday leverage offered in F&O segment, you’ll need full SPAN + Exposure margin. You can check out this post for more information: Peak margin requirements from Dec 1st 2020 & its effects

This peak margins rule also applicable in orbis financial account ???

Yes.

Hey I am looking to migrate to orbis but have some queries. I trade weekly option contracts of bnf and nifty both intraday and positional.Will i still be able to sell weekly option contracts even on expiry day using orbis?
Will i be able to use api? After migration do i need to alter anything in the kite connect app which i use to connect to my algos?
For how much time my trading will be affected/stopped during the mogration process?
Is 1 cr net worth still a criteria for migration?

Hi @ShubhS9

Given the new peak margin impact has the OI restrictions become easier for Zerodha?

Would you expect to allow far OTM options going forward or are you seeing no significant change in the OI position for Zerodha?