Trading - Outside india

Hello All,

I am Indian citizen by birth, let’s say I shift to some other country for a shorter duration say 2 years and can I still trade in Indian markets?

If you stay outside India for more than 182 days at a time, you have to change your status to NRI (Non resident INdian). Of course you can still trade, but you have to open a NRI bank and Trading&demat account.

Thanks Nithin.

One other question, does Zerodha offer NRI account currently ? If not any plans in the future ?


Yep, we do.

Thank you Nithin