Trading requires patience of saint!

Learnt it very hard way, What keeps you stick to your rules and be patient for your setup to show?
I was initially sticking with my setup and no. of trades but as greed took over i started to loose and never got that same discipline back again. Has this happened to anyone and was able to come back better?

1 Like

Would suggest you read this module on Varsity. Content specifically focusing on trading psychology.

2 Likes

Always put priority to risk management first then everything will fall into the place. I was using lot of leverage and trading in FNO and lost 60% of my capital within few months. Now I only use it rarely that too with hedge.

2 Likes

Well I did take leverage before which i eventually stopped. mostly do option buying instead of take FUT but I am struggling with overtrading and taking unnecessary risk when I end up in profit last day.

Thanks, will look into it.

Naked option buying is like purchasing lottery ticket if you are not sure. Stay away from it.

1 Like

People should refrain from options if they are new to markets ,as options payoff w.r.t underlying is not linear even if you got the direction right as compared to future trade

1 Like

The problem is capital, I do understand the profits and losses are not linear, infact option losses are more as compared to profits. But due to margin restrictions I don’t have capital to trade futures. I have to bear with buying only. I do keep my losses fixed as I trade breakouts, as only 30/25 points, quite tight, but still this does call for overtrading, as bank nifty can easily move these points. I am trying to find a balance or strategy.
I have though decided to trade mostly on high volatile days. I manage to take profit but i give up my profits due to overtrading.